hairtail

loonicruiser

hi all just got back from a hairtail session at wb managed to get 2 in the boat that were 1300 mm long but got busted up by 6 others that were a lot bigger than that .80lb trace, busted gangs, snapped venetion blind cord my way of fishing for hairtail and the bycatch was the best of all a 90cm kingy that took a 250mm long livie under a balloon . one other boat got one but didnt see how big it was

hi all just got back from a hairtail session at wb managed to get 2 in the boat that were 1300 mm long but got busted up by 6 others that were a lot bigger than that .80lb trace, busted gangs, snapped venetion blind cord my way of fishing for hairtail and the bycatch was the best of all a 90cm kingy that took a 250mm long livie under a balloon . one other boat got one but didnt see how big it was

You caught the king at night? <_<

Nice work, especially on the by catch.

You have peaked my curiosity, what is it you do with said venitian blind cord? :blink:

i fish with 8 metres of venetion blind cord with a 30 cm wire trace then 3x no2 gang hooks with unweighted pillies or yellowtail slabs

You caught the king at night? <_<

sure did wb not a real big bay when it comes to fighting a torpedo on steroids but what a 20min fight lucky the only other boat there was my mate just cooked up some kingy for dinner it was lovely

Hi Raiders,

My Father and I hit WB last night. Only stayed till 8pm but managed 4 Hairies with three of them around the 1.4m mark. The three bigger fish were caught on yellowtail strips. They were biting on pichards but seemed to get them off the gangs without hooking up.

Do they put up much of a fight?

i've only caught small ones last year. but they go alright, fight a bit weird thou. very interesting.. i can't wait to go and try for some bigger ones!!!