Spit bridge land based

James12345

Had a cracker of a session this afternoon under the spit bridge(mosman side). Went down there to try and collect some mullet for a jewie session later on in the week. All I was armed with was an aernos 2500 with a 6'9 2-4kg raider. Had just about given up as all I was catching were smaller mullet and tiny bream. When I was on my last piece of prawn the 8pound line just flew off te reel with the rod doubling over. I had no idea what it was, small Jew? I had no idea!! About 5 mins into the fight I turned the fish's head and it was all over. I couldn't believe it... A 1.8kg 43cm bream!! What a perfect end to the session and on fairly light gear!!

post-22871-054011400 1338370076_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fishhunter123

I still remember my first bream, It was on a $50 grrrrrrrr Jarvis walker special with 10lb mono and a servo prawn hehehe. It came in at 56cm and to this day I haven't been able to repeat it on bait or lures. They are great fun to catch, still among my favourite fish to catch but I have been neglecting the bream over the bigger salinated species. I really must break out my 1-3kg gear and give them a go again sometime.

Good fish bud, and good luck with the coming jew session!

Luc.