night out with tide'n'knots

Basil D

Had a nice night out with tide 'n' nots last night for a jewy sesion, plan a was to get some live yellow tail, we got half a dozen in no time and headed straight for Peters spot anchored up and out goes the baits, squid and yellow tail, Peter was on in the first ten minutes and the fish swallowed everything( 65cm fish come up), peter says hold on to the fish I will cut the line. peter cut the line alright and went straight for my hand to make sure I don't fish, (cut straight into my finger) :blink:

The next rod goes off and I set the hook, half way up the fish spat the hook, oh well, looks like a nice night will get my jewie yet.

Then I sent a photo to my son christo and he replies yeahhhhhhhh but did you catch it, little shait, I replied nope, Christo replies hahahahaha Im still the jewie king in my family winding me up, I said not for long.

Next minute another rod goes off and peter gets a nice 48/50cm fish , we put it back looking for slightly bigger brothers.

My finger was still bleeding and was looking for revenge :1Lighten: and I said to peter, hey want to try my cured bonito fish and peter says yeah I will give it a go, so I cut a small piece out and wrapped it in a bit of bread and before I could count to 3 arrrrrgggg spit spit spit and the coffee comes out to wash his mouth out :bleh: That was horrible raw fish Peter says.

by now the fish were going off the bite and current was doing all sorts of weird things so we moved to another spot and we were in the action again, one king fish to 63cm and was let go, another small jewie to Peter while I lost another two and the leader gave way on my last attempt, theres always next time,

In the end we had countless bites and no hooks up or spits and bust off's & kept a nice size whiting and trevaly for great night out.

we got back to the boat ramp and a couple of guys from Victoria on holidays approached us for some help and tips on fishing and we gladly helped them out and also put them onto fish raider, they were really happy and appriciative now back to the cleaning the fish and Peter thought he would say good night and make sure I dont forget the night out when he closed the esky on my hand, Revenge on our next trip Pete, it will be more than raw fish :clapping:

post-8352-033471300 1338427066_thumb.jpg

post-8352-032255000 1338427080_thumb.jpg

post-8352-089078200 1338427097_thumb.jpg

Edited by Groper

Sounds like a great night out. Hanging to get out this Friday and chase some. Hear is a good one for a joke mix in some Eno with his coffee next time. It froths up like a cappuccino and taste's like one but does have a side effect which you can find out on google. That blue swimmer will be great to eat. :thumbup:

Edited by jaysondanielgraham

Sounds like a great night out. Hanging to get out this Friday and chase some. Hear is a good one for a joke mix in some Eno with his coffee next time. It froths up like a cappuccino and taste's like one but does have a side effect which you can find out on google. That blue swimmer will be great to eat. :thumbup:

hahaha will have to try that one.

The Blue swimmer was a female and was let go :)

thanks basil for a very enjoyable night, sorry about the knife - oops! at least it wasnt as bad as poor roberta, I took her to my spot at wisemans ferry and managed to spike her foot with a catfish then to add salt into the wound I poured hot water over it to kill the poison and scalded her foot!It never ceases to amaze me what fishermen will go through to catch a fish! oh by the way if your going to drop an eno tablet in my coffee I will make sure we are in YOUR boat when I get gastric from it!!

On a serious note its a shame your son is still the only one in your family to catch a jew! I even gave you 2 of my fish to wind in and somehow you managed to let them get off the hook, you must really not want to hurt your sons feelings - what a great dad you are! :074:

I am going out with reggie the rabbit tonight , after reading this he will be looking like a rabbit in the headlights!! dont worry steven its OK I only stab people I like!!

thanks for a great night basil and I am looking forward to another trip in the future.

pete.

Im sure the second one was a big tailor, bit straight through the line, what do you think?

and really pissed when I snapped my leader on my last hit, But there is always a next time and after watching you I realised my gear was too heavy, I will be better prepared next time, Im letting my son off that easily :1prop:

Did you enjoy the cured Bonito :tease:

ps reggie whatch him mate his already scarred me and Roberta for life.

Edited by Groper

.... at least it wasnt as bad as poor roberta, I took her to my spot at wisemans ferry and managed to spike her foot with a catfish then to add salt into the wound I poured hot water over it to kill the poison and scalded her foot!I....

LOL! I'd almost forgotten about THAT, Pete!!! Looking forward to our next outing! biggrin2.gif Good to see you got some nice fish too!

Well done, Boys

Roberta

.... at least it wasnt as bad as poor roberta, I took her to my spot at wisemans ferry and managed to spike her foot with a catfish then to add salt into the wound I poured hot water over it to kill the poison and scalded her foot!I....

LOL! I'd almost forgotten about THAT, Pete!!! Looking forward to our next outing! biggrin2.gif Good to see you got some nice fish too!

Well done, Boys

Roberta

dont worry roberta you will always have the scar to remind you!

Well done, Boys

Roberta

you still trust him :074:

Great fun trip guys :thumbup:

basil a few sore fingers , being sent overboard :1yikes::1yikes::1yikes: from my boat on the last trip. :biggrin2:

Peter shame couldn,t make the trip definately in for the next though :thumbup:

Cured bonito i would pass also,CAN,T BELIEVE BASIL DIDN,t EAT RAW JEWFISH i,ve seen him eat most species now (half for the bait half for basil) :beersmile:

great work on the king,hooked one few weeks back night fishing which took a whole tailor . Was amazed to see it.

chris.

basil a few sore fingers , being sent overboard :1yikes::1yikes::1yikes: from my boat on the last trip. :biggrin2:

Cured bonito i would pass also,CAN,T BELIEVE BASIL DIDN,t EAT RAW JEWFISH i,ve seen him eat most species now (half for the bait half for basil) :beersmile:

great work on the king,hooked one few weeks back night fishing which took a whole tailor . Was amazed to see it.

chris.

well I got Peter to try it, didnt take much convincing but doubt he will try it again :P

as for sushimi I will stick to Kings, bonito, tunas, trevs etc but I have tried flat head and snapper and of course squid

Oohhh my god bro!!!, and you wanted me to go with you... I would've been the one in the bottom of the boat :074: . Nice work Pete, :1fish:..

Your favourite infidel

well thats two people who luckily missed out :1prop:

chris.

oh ps chris want to share with everyone why I volunteered to get under the boat and get my undies wet :P

WelllLLLLLLLLL that bloody bung needed to be put in.

Afternoon quick sessions and a swim :lol::lol::lol: Bet you won,t forget the bung again :P:P:P

hahahahaha didnt take you too long to reply :P all in fun and I wanted a dip, I just didnt think the water was that cold :wacko:

Dont forget your boat your bung but both should have checked it.

The last time I forgot my bung I was racing this dude for a parking spot, guess who won.

Edited by Groper

I am sooo not putting work in front of a trip out with you 2 again.... I'll be packing spare pants, just in case i wet a pair.. Fishin' an a heap of fun, u just cant beat that..good on ya boys..my kinda fishin'

serves ya right and dont forget the beer :1prop: Edited by Groper