Port Hacking

Yowie

Had a fish early this morning along the Deer Park area, in the deeper water. Pulled out 6 reddies, not big fish with the best at 37cm, and a few just under size.

Nothing else about. Was a bit slow between the bites, as the small reddies are disappearing, quiet by 8am so headed home. Pilchards and squid strips used.

post-13153-061873900 1338428931_thumb.jpg

Yowie.

Hey yowie, great catch mate. Just wondering what rig/method did you use? Have had some success in South West Arm floating pilchard cubes down for bream and have managed a couple of just legal reds and trevally amongst the bream. Do you think this is a good method or should I be using some lead? Cheers Tristan

Hey yowie, great catch mate. Just wondering what rig/method did you use? Have had some success in South West Arm floating pilchard cubes down for bream and have managed a couple of just legal reds and trevally amongst the bream. Do you think this is a good method or should I be using some lead? Cheers Tristan

Don't use lead, just let the bait float down to the bottom like you are doing. Can also pick up tailor, kings, salmon, jews, flounder, red gurnard, bonito, the bream and trevally you mentioned, plus a couple of others.

nice bag yowie.

bet they took a liking more to the squid

Yowie i found this season wasn,t a cracker for bream but the snapper inside are better than last few years GREAT FEED MATE

Chris.

A couple of times over the last few months, I found that in a few spots there were no legal sized reddies at all, but the 6 today was the best for a while. Both baits received equal bites, but a bit after sun-up, the bites slowed considerably.

hey yowie, great session mate.... are you burleying as well in your fishing session?

thanks

Anthony

Yes, had some crab shells in the freezer that I used plus a couple of chopped up pillies.

What I didn't mention in my report was an undersize reddie that had a soft plastic sticking out of the wrong end. Luckily for the fish it was sticking out tail first, so I pulled it out to find that it was a 3 inch Gulp minnow with the jig head still attached. The hook was a bit rusty but the plastic was still intact, it had been swallowed whole. No, I did not keep it for later use, put it in the bin later on. When I dropped the reddie back into the water, he took off at arse burning speed so to speak.

Dave.