Iluka

steze

Real crappy weather the whole time I was there. Managed to pull up a decent Jew. Not as big as I wanted but decent considering the horrible conditions. Caught on a 4000 stella fe with 30lb braid. It weighed 9kg on the dot.

post-10217-064748200 1338440597_thumb.jpg

post-10217-018656300 1338440585_thumb.jpg

I lost one around that size on 4kg gear at Windang there at the bridge 2 weeks ago and i'm still burning inside. So well done on your catch :thumbup:

Hi Champ,

Nice fish, I have a holiday house up Yamba, usually fish offshore for SPOTTIES, SPANIARDS & SNAPPER in the winter.

Was that off Iluka Wall? Very nice fish in anyones book mate.

Butch

Hi Champ,

Nice fish, I have a holiday house up Yamba, usually fish offshore for SPOTTIES, SPANIARDS & SNAPPER in the winter.

Was that off Iluka Wall? Very nice fish in anyones book mate.

Butch

Yeah it was. The water was very dirty as it rained the whole week. What killed me the most was they were getting them the following week and the week before I came.

Yeah it was. The water was very dirty as it rained the whole week. What killed me the most was they were getting them the following week and the week before I came.

Well done Steve, good Jewie.

Was it the beach side or river side of the wall?

Got a GPS mark for a little WRECK inside the Ilulka wall on the river side, might try it up there next time.

Speak soon

Butch

nice fish mate 9kg is nothing to sneeze at! I feel your pain on losing the bigger one! I lost 3 big ones right near the boat at south west rocks about 10yrs ago and it still hurts to think about it. Even though I did catch a 20lber that night, the ones I lost were much bigger.

At least you got one fish that was decent size, congrats.

pete.

Well done Steve, good Jewie.

Was it the beach side or river side of the wall?

Got a GPS mark for a little WRECK inside the Ilulka wall on the river side, might try it up there next time.

Speak soon

Butch

River side.