Hawkesbury- Cowan 02/06/12

Formosan

On the way up it was raining pretty hard and was left wondering if this was such a good idea. By the time we got on the F3 the rain has quiten down, Arrived with bro in law and blasted out of Appletree at 3.30pm heading towards Juno point.

There was a 140cm big jew taken there a few months ago so we may be in with a chance for a bigger jew there and later go for hairtail. Haha as if. Spend an hr there , soaking some squid for no hookups and no shows on the sounder, the current was running fairly fast. No 140+ cms jews for us today.

Went bay to Waratah bay and settle on a nice spot on the south bank in about 20 metres. Sounder was showing heaps of activity.

Out goes the rods, 1 bream, 1 jew and 1 Hairtail. Cracked open a can of V and a can of catfood and settled in. I must quickly add the catfood was for burley.

We were getting hit pretty consistently but we seemed to miss the strike or pulled hooks on the way up. Then Jason pulls in a soapie and was undersize and got released.

We fished on and landed a few legal Soapies and decent breams but no hairtail!

Weather wise, It wasn’t cold, Rain was intermittent , lucky for the bimini and clears.

Here are some pics of the catch.

post-7044-064325300 1338708958_thumb.jpg

post-7044-088376700 1338709003_thumb.jpg

Nice catch, The scenary is beautiful up there. I was so close to going today i had everything ready to go and i pulled out the last second but seeing the forcast this coming week its shocking so today would of been good. Nice feed.

Due to the rain you must have taken the wrong turn and ended up in the Hawkesbury?

Great catch mate and great effort for braving the rain.

A couple of those bream you caught look huge. I've been meaning to go up myself as I haven't been for ages.

Is Appletree in Bobbin Head National park?

J

Awesome job dude! Bream and jewies instead of hairtail, take that any day! Don't worry we'll go get them hairtail soon.

Thanks but I like a hairtail soon for shits and giggles. :thumbup:

Leave the downrigger out of the boat and lets go!

Considering the crappy weather we're having, you did really well to get those fish. So, well done!

Thanks mate.

Some quality fish there, won't complain at all.

Thanks you did alright yourself. Love the tailors.

Great Haul for Cowan :thumbup: Waratahs had a few small jew lately Better have a crack soon!

Actually the jews were hooked at summer bay. so go there. :fish_h4h::biggrin2:

Nice bag of fish there

Thanks for the comments.

:thumbup: Mate what an awesome catch this time of year! if you persist and put some hours in I've seen some of the Biggest Bream come in around now.. love the jews too well done!

Yeah there are some big breams there , You fish the area often?

Curious where I can get yakkas nearby.

Hey buddy,

That's a change of scenery from the usual botany.

Great table fish there, they'll definitely cook up nicely.

Cheers

Daniel

Hey Dan! Yeh the scenery is nice and water was like glass, no wind. High cliffs either side. Any chance of trying there yourself? :)

Nice catch, The scenary is beautiful up there. I was so close to going today i had everything ready to go and i pulled out the last second but seeing the forcast this coming week its shocking so today would of been good. Nice feed.

Always next week mate. The area is very nice. Watch out for floating logs but. I came across some and thank my lucky stars that I wasn't at WOT.

Due to the rain you must have taken the wrong turn and ended up in the Hawkesbury?

A couple of those bream you caught look huge. I've been meaning to go up myself as I haven't been for ages.

J

The jews are small fries, I hope I can land one similar to yours soon. Loss my bearings mate. :) Actually had some business at Huett's marine then went down for a fish.

Apple tree is like 2 mins drive from Bobbin head. You have to pay national park fees.

I wish for that $11 fee they would provide a tap with a thread to screw in a hose to flush your engine.

It appears all the taps have the thread purposely left out. At that time of night you really need to flush the engine there and not at home.

Does anyone know of a tap near by that you can flush your engine?

I wish for that $11 fee they would provide a tap with a thread to screw in a hose to flush your engine.

It appears all the taps have the thread purposely left out. At that time of night you really need to flush the engine there and not at home.

Does anyone know of a tap near by that you can flush your engine?

appletree bay - there s one by the dunny's mate, my jetski buddy uses it!

Great bag of fish formosan.. excellent results concidering it is not your local waterway.

Its always good to fish new waters and catch new species of fish, bad luck on the hairtail this time round.

You get all the fish on fresh squid?

Great bag of fish formosan.. excellent results concidering it is not your local waterway.

Its always good to fish new waters and catch new species of fish, bad luck on the hairtail this time round.

You get all the fish on fresh squid?

Thanks , strangely all the fish were taken on 1/2 pillies. They resisted the squid.

Nah, on the grass. To the West of the building. .. Stand alone, easy to miss!

Thanks champ!

Well done Formosan,

Some great breambos there. What part of the tide were you catching the bream?

We were going to launch at Appletree but were worried about the gates being locked at night? Does anybody know if the ramp is available 24/7?

Edited by Skullidug

J

Pretty sure its part of Kuringai National Park

Pretty sure its part of Kuringai National Park

and for complete accuracy, it is called "Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park" :)

Skullidug:

Gates to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay are closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am at other times of the year.

Well done Formosan,

Some great breambos there. What part of the tide were you catching the bream?

We were going to launch at Appletree but were worried about the gates being locked at night? Does anybody know if the ramp is available 24/7?

Either side of the high tide was productive.

• 2 weeks later...

Nah, on the grass. To the West of the building. .. Stand alone, easy to miss!

i have to correct this infomation, sorry!

the outside tap has been REMOVED - but there is still one in the male toilets under the sink, BYO hose and screw on fitting...

i have to correct this infomation, sorry!

the outside tap has been REMOVED - but there is still one in the male toilets under the sink, BYO hose and screw on fitting...

Last week I was looking for that said tap and it wasn't there! I said to myself that user1829 is a bullshit artist. :biggrin2: thanks for the heads up on the threaded tap under the sink hope u r not telling porkies again. :biggrin2: