Mosman SPit in a 3.75m tinnie

JSM81

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if it was safe to take my tinnie down to the spit. I've solely fished in pittwater, hawkesbury river and was looking for a change.

As I don't know the water and since it's not far off the big blue sea (not to mention middle harbor), would it be safe to drop it in around there?

Also, there's a boat ramp off the main road but having a look on google maps, it doesn't look that great... has anyone used this or would know a better place to drop it in (if i can)?

THanks,

Jsm

Thanks guys,

Yea I'm coming from the mosman side although I was planning to go out on the public holiday but I must have been living under a rock because I only just now saw the weather forecast for the week :(

It sucks since I get very little time to throw a line in and don't have the luxury of choosing when to go, if I don't get out it might b another month or 2 before I get another chance.

I guess it'll give me time to put in a bilge pump ;)

Cheers

The spit will be fine for you - best bet is to launch from tunks park or if you have a car topper launch it from balmoral beach. One piece of good advice is DONT EVER EVER EVER EVER GO OUT ON THE LONG WEEKEND - EVERY man and his dog mate just not worth the headache or the hassle.

Twin 1

The spit will be fine for you - best bet is to launch from tunks park or if you have a car topper launch it from balmoral beach. One piece of good advice is DONT EVER EVER EVER EVER GO OUT ON THE LONG WEEKEND - EVERY man and his dog mate just not worth the headache or the hassle.

Twin 1

hahaha thanks i thought about. I'm hoping the weather will deter most ppl :-)

Make sure you also have a reasonable amount of anchor rope. The water in places can be up to about 20m deep. Sometimes thats all rope some people carry.

Thanks Bream. Yea since i've been fishing cowan i've got plenty of rope but it's good to double check!

the weather doesn't look good, im still determined though...might take a portable burner and have something warm to eat while im out there

Thanks Bream. Yea since i've been fishing cowan i've got plenty of rope but it's good to double check!

the weather doesn't look good, im still determined though...might take a portable burner and have something warm to eat while im out there

And some ear plugs if u fish right near the bridge, you will not believe how loud and anoying the bridge traffic is.

Talking of hot food, we use to buy hot pizza and wrap it up in foil and use one of them heat/cool 12volt eskies :) , there was something special about having somthing steaming hot on a cold night while no where near a shop lol. Maybe there is a market for marine delivered food.

And some ear plugs if u fish right near the bridge, you will not believe how loud and anoying the bridge traffic is.

Talking of hot food, we use to buy hot pizza and wrap it up in foil and use one of them heat/cool 12volt eskies :) , there was something special about having somthing steaming hot on a cold night while no where near a shop lol. Maybe there is a market for marine delivered food.

ahhh u srs?!? last thing i want to do is b in a high traffic/noisy area.. i remember fishing from the marina and hearing the bridge go up.. wasnt the most soothing sound lol

i know what u mean! when its cold and the wind is kicking ur a55, seeing the steam come off my bacon & eggs and my coffee makes it so much better!