Has Narrabean lake opened after this weather?

Spooooled

it was opened but was the water flowing right? because near the entrance it was very low

and for the jewies, thats what i was thinking, now just to pick the right day. :thumbup:

Thanks people

Can't go wrong with a dusk high tide and some live mullet/big beach worms there! Squid Hoods are great too on a snelled rig!

The problem is that i have seen with Narrabeen lake is that after/during big southern swell the lakes entrance acutually fills up with sand. Sand that has come from further down the

beach and from Collaroy.Pittwater council spends thousnds of Dollars to return the sand back to south Narrabeen and Collaroy beaches. I believe they need to put in a break wall

as far out to North Narrabeen point (past the swimming pool ) so that water can flow in and out easily and if there is a southerly swell the moving sand could flow on past North

Narrabeen point onto Warriewood and Mona Vale Beaches. Also break walls along the Collaroy Narrabeen beaches would also solve the problem.If Pittwater council are serious

in their efferts to solve beach errotion and the Lakes future they should invest in break walls. Can you imadgine all the jewfish and blackfish off the break wall .!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is that i have seen with Narrabeen lake is that after/during big southern swell the lakes entrance acutually fills up with sand. Sand that has come from further down the

beach and from Collaroy.Pittwater council spends thousnds of Dollars to return the sand back to south Narrabeen and Collaroy beaches. I believe they need to put in a break wall

as far out to North Narrabeen point (past the swimming pool ) so that water can flow in and out easily and if there is a southerly swell the moving sand could flow on past North

Narrabeen point onto Warriewood and Mona Vale Beaches. Also break walls along the Collaroy Narrabeen beaches would also solve the problem.If Pittwater council are serious

in their efferts to solve beach errotion and the Lakes future they should invest in break walls. Can you imadgine all the jewfish and blackfish off the break wall .!!!!!!!!!!

Too right mate, that would be the sensible thing to do. Pittwater council unfortunately, doesn't have any sense. They would rather spend $40,000 on dredging the front of the lake and it sliding back in from the dunes in weeks. It just beggers belief that the council continue with idiotic practices, squandering our money. At what stage of the game did they think that was a good idea. There was only one winner in that debacle and that was the owner of the dredge.:mad3::ranting2: blah blah blah blah....