Northern Beaches

ginko

Raiders,

I hit Narrabeen this morning - it was looking great: nice gutter, decent swell outside, and beautiful wash running over the gutters. The beach was pretty low, there has been loads of erosion in the huge swells last week.

I was fishing for whiting with beach worms. I tried in close, out on the sand bar, on the banks, in the holes, in the middle of the beach and next to the rocks... All on the rising tide. All that for one flathead, about 15cm who went back in of course.

Is it just me, or are the beaches very very quiet at the moment?

Raiders,

I hit Narrabeen this morning - it was looking great: nice gutter, decent swell outside, and beautiful wash running over the gutters. The beach was pretty low, there has been loads of erosion in the huge swells last week.

I was fishing for whiting with beach worms. I tried in close, out on the sand bar, on the banks, in the holes, in the middle of the beach and next to the rocks... All on the rising tide. All that for one flathead, about 15cm who went back in of course.

Is it just me, or are the beaches very very quiet at the moment?

They beaches were good for whiting, Salmon, Tailor (XL) and Sharks (bronzies) a couple of weeks ago, although things have gone quiet after the big seas...there's a lot of run in the water at the moment and lot's of surge....big breakers out the back and good water sitting just out of reach...

S.

I have noticed that too - last weekend we were catching bronzies and nice sized tailor and left them biting. Last night we struggled, there was a lot of surf and it was hard to anchor your rig without it bumping south at a rate of knots. All up managed three bites in 5 hours and one small shark.

I reckon I might have a bash tomorrow lunchtime if this rain stops

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too found the fishing quite. I fished with a mate off Mona Vale beach and Whale Beach for a good 4~5 hours yesterday without getting any bite. Fished solo off Mona Vale beach again today from 6:00 pm ~8:00pm caught only a just legal bream and this was the only bite.

The beach looked a bit rough but fishable. Attached a few pictures. I bet you would not complain spending a few hours at a place like that even if not catching any fish.

post-11759-069332700 1339329472_thumb.jpg

Charles

Edited by ABCfisho

i hit the bay saturday and caught trevs and small squire , had small rats chasing my baits to the surface but would not take it , water temp was around 16.5 , very quiet and repotrs back at the ramp were the same :( . hopefully will get better,

cheers paul

I'm sorry guys but narrabeen beach was going off last night heres the low down

3x large salmon (on squid) we found yakkas in their guts.

1x monster bream around 45cm on squid 9/0 circle hook meant for Jew, this bream fought like a large sambo unbelievable !!!!!

6x 27cm-35cm bream on bloodworms small size 6 hooks

6x sand whiting upto 34cm bloodworm

Fished from around 6pm to 1:30am all my mates caught these fish. I got there later and caught a donut. My squid baits got smashed by small pickers .Oh well it was fun watching the fish come in . I got soaked by the rain it was good session. In conclusion there are fish out there! I have photos but I don't know how to load them using my iPhone .

Cheers shak ;-)7340d882-d9fb-fe84.jpg my mate Macca holding up his trophy!

7340d882-da2e-5894.jpg the catch narrabeen beach

Edited by 1 last cast

I'm sorry guys but narrabeen beach was going off last night heres the low down

3x large salmon (on squid) we found yakkas in their guts.

1x monster bream around 45cm on squid 9/0 circle hook meant for Jew, this bream fought like a large sambo unbelievable !!!!!

4x 27cm-35cm bream on bloodworms small size 6 hooks

5x sand whiting upto 34cm bloodworm

Fished from around 6pm to 1:30am all my mates caught these fish. I got there later and caught a donut. My squid baits got smashed by small pickers .Oh well it was fun watching the fish come in . I got soaked by the rain it was good session. In conclusion there are fish out there! I have photos but I don't know how to load them using my iPhone .

Cheers shak ;-)

Hi which part of the beach did you fish from? Which street?

North Narrabeens probably the exception at the moment. With all the water flooding out of the lake theres bound to be some nice fish kicking about! North Narra is one of the few beaches that you can regularly catch whiting from in winter. Worms and small squid baits get the job done :thumbup: Definitely worth finding a nice gutter near the entry to the lake and fishing for jew!

Edited by mack attack 79

fished the beaches on friday arvo first hit long reef to only catch some plastic bags then went to north narra to catch weed monsters (worlds biggest jew for a second) and a crab.. was fishing the low tide at 5 30 :(