Monster Hairtail @ WB

fish311

\Hi buddy , I'm not sure , but last few days is raining , almost slow down every night . I just came back from WB . Tonight we hooked up 2 monster , 4 medium . 1 small hairtail & 1 baby jewie release .

Good catch buddy.. :thumbup: what time did you hook up the fish tonight? Was it on pilchards?

That's high tide, did you get much after 6 or just on 6 then gone quiet?

Not there today prob tomorrow but looks like rain.

Yea , tomorrow maybe rain . I hooked up 2 around 6pm , after 5 hooked up 8pm - 10.15pm .

Nice work mate a 12kg Jew is one of the best by catches I've ever heard of.

I'm up on the river Tuesdays Wednesday chasing Jews might have to get in there once the tide in the main river starts running to hard.

Hi buddy , we hooked up a lot of small Jewie , because we not target them . How you think about jewie ? It's good for target as well ? Cheers ..

Hi buddy , we hooked up a lot of small Jewie , because we not target them . How you think about jewie ? It's good for target as well ? Cheers ..

Definitely worth targetting them mate! They grow to monster sizes, fight VERY well and taste great too! By far my favourite fish in sydney waters!

Hey buddy

How you cook for Jewie ?

There are a few ways mate. A jewie under 100cm i would fillet like a normal fish. Anything over that that has a reasonable girth i would cut into steaks/cutlets. Cook the fillets as you normally would for any fish and for the cutlets pop them in the oven with some lemon and garlic and your all set! Beautiful eating fish!