Monster Hairtail @ WB

fish311

Great hairtail but what about the jewie! How big was he ? Looks 10kg+

Hi buddy , Jewie is not mistake is 12.5kg , my friend hooked up ,it's really crazy , keep going and non stop running , the mainline almost gone ...

Hi buddy , Jewie is not mistake is 12.5kg , my friend hooked up ,it's really crazy , keep going and non stop running , the mainline almost gone ...

Sorry mate, didn't see the sub title. Makes me wanna have a crack at them! Looks like you'll be eating well ! What bait did the jewie take?

Edited by mack attack 79

Sorry mate, didn't see the sub title. Makes me wanna have a crack at them! Looks like you'll be eating well ! What bait did the jewie take?

Hi mate , sorry my english not really well , I hope can get what i mean . We used live yellowtail (medium size) for the bait .

Hi mate , sorry my english not really well , I hope can get what i mean . We used live yellowtail (medium size) for the bait .

Don't worry mate, all good! Where did you get they yellowtail around there?

Actually we target Hairtail , not Jewie . Just lucky hooked up on that night . Hehe....

Yes , we get the yellowtail from there . but all the size is quite bigger not really good for bait .

Ah, okay. Do you just burley them up and catch them on a handline? Or a bait jig? Sorry for asking questions mate, just trying to get enough info to chase them myself!

Ah, okay. Do you just burley them up and catch them on a handline? Or a bait jig? Sorry for asking questions mate, just trying to get enough info to chase them myself!

Dont worries , just be friend . I used handline and burley . They most in 5m - 7m deep .

Well what a night you blokes had! Nothing wrong with your english, and a picture paints a 1000 words anyway. Great work.

Hi buddy , This result on Sunday night @ WB . How about you ? You also target for Hairtail as well ?

Yeah ...You're right . Only for boat . If looking hairtail for land based can try @ Illawong bay near Cottage Point , Good Luck .

Hi mate, sorry to bother you again. Is the whole of waratah bay productive or just certain parts?

great catch there man! now that was the jewie I was hoping to hook up onto last week ehhehe :biggrin2:

so you reckon the hairtail will slow down after all the rain?

\Hi buddy , I'm not sure , but last few days is raining , almost slow down every night . I just came back from WB . Tonight we hooked up 2 monster , 4 medium . 1 small hairtail & 1 baby jewie release .

Edited by fish311