Pointers for fishing at Dee Why beach?

James12345

hi raiders,

I am going for a fish with a couple of my mates tomorrow afternoon at Dee Why beach.

It will be my first proper beach fishing session so i would appreciate a few pointers.. what bait, where the gutters are and if there are any fish biting there at the moment.

any help would be much appreciated.

cheers

Hi mate,

I'm not sure where the gutters are as they move around a bit but there are plenty of sambos around atm and you should be able to pick them up on ganged pillies. Best of luck

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi mate,

I'm not sure where the gutters are as they move around a bit but there are plenty of sambos around atm and you should be able to pick them up on ganged pillies. Best of luck

Dave

cheers dave :thumbup: when do the salmon usually bite?? sunset?

I have caught them at all times of the day but most consistently dawn or dusk - particularly if that coincides with high tide and I am pretty sure it does this weekend. Spend a little time finding a gutter and you should be set.

Dave

You could try for bream and even whiting if you use live bloodworms and or peeled green banana prawns on some long shank hooks size 6-4 try it on the run in tide with smallest sinker you can get away with. Well if there's a few of you going spread out different baits and rigs and then switch to what's working it a more effective way to fish.

Cheers

Shak