Parramatta river last night!

zaki10

Fish the River last night till about 5am this morning and mate what a cracker night! Landed about 6 massive whiting and two massive bream! The Rods were going crazy after each other. We got home cleaned and gutted them ready to serve tomorrow haha :)724cf10a-44dd-bf0e.jpg724cf10a-44eb-9d18.jpg

I was using bloodworms from queensland that my local tackle shop had, whiting hooks and a sinker at the top of my swivel and mate the sizes of these things I caught were from 30cm - 40cm maybe more but nothing illegal was taken it was a cracker night! Not the best tasting coz it's river fish but it was worth staying the night!

hi

does Abbotsford wharf produce this well fish all the time

was amazed at the size of the fish the didn't think that was possible

when i go fishing on a wharf in parra river only undersized bream/talor and thats about it

never been to abbotsford before though

Yer mate the fishing is good most f the time there but your best option is to go to breakfast point that's where they bite with me. Also be there in between the tide turn and use bloodworms from your local tackle with a 3/0-5/0 whiting hook, let me know how you both go with that :)

Yer mate the fishing is good most f the time there but your best option is to go to breakfast point that's where they bite with me. Also be there in between the tide turn and use bloodworms from your local tackle with a 3/0-5/0 whiting hook, let me know how you both go with that :)

I'd be downsizing hook size a little mate. 3/0 -5/0 is extremely big for the species your after, especially whiting.

hi

i was just wondering

can you eat the fish in parra river

i thought the waters was too high in mecury or something to eat

this has always confused me as so many people have eaten fish but so many people have told you cant

hi

i was just wondering

can you eat the fish in parra river

i thought the waters was too high in mecury or something to eat

this has always confused me as so many people have eaten fish but so many people have told you cant

Many say you should NOT eat anything from west of the HB. Yes, this is due to dioxin levels. Personally, i wouldn't go near eating anything caught around there. Might taste fine but the effects are longterm and don't show up initially. Be careful..

I'd be downsizing hook size a little mate. 3/0 -5/0 is extremely big for the species your after, especially whiting.

they seemed to work pretty good, I was catching monster fish on them and had no problem :)

Yer I ate the fish I caught, not the best tasting and I don't think I'll be doing it again. They say it's ok to eat it because I checked the charts on the fisheries website and each species has a limit of what to eat and how many a month. The bigger the fish the less affected they are so if you catch a jewfish then it would not be affected as much as the small species are. Anyways my point being is I did eat this fish but they don't taste as good as the ones I catch in open sea.