Clifton Gardens Wharf

JimT

Hi all,

Spent the day (Thurs) 9am to 5.30pm for lots of Yellowtail and 1 Flounder. Had Yellowtail out on the bottom and under a float for zero. Was running a burley trail of chicken pellets/sand/pichards and tuna oil so lots of bait fish always there. Had one school of fish breaking up the surface around mid-day all around my yellowtail under the float but weren't interested in it. Relaxing day out otherwise and have plenty of fresh yellowtail for next time. Regards Jim...

Bad luck mate! Probably tailor busting up. They're picky when it comes to yakkas at times. They were probably after smaller bait. Strange that there weren't any salmon around... Been a few at Balmoral lately. Maybe give it a go!

If your after a feed from there fish the corrner before the stairs with lightly waighted prawn pieces in you burly trail but i leave the pillies and tuna oil out of the mix but put my old prawn shells in even old cooked prawn shells are better

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Don't use too much tuna oil. I find too much oil can put the fish off the bite. I only use a dash (30mls) per loaf of stale bread mashed up to porridge consistancy. I also add left over bait mashed up and pellets.

I was down there the other day feeding the fish and saw a few luderick hanging around on the pylons, a leatherjacket also on one of the pylons and there were some large schools of pilchards cruising around too, so theres plenty of food in the area. A guy who was there on the end was catching yakkas and kindly gave me one that I put on as a live bait ... only to watch a kingy come out of nowhere and smash his way through the pillies... My yakka which had a 2/0 livebait hook through his shoulder mysteriously disappeared from my rig shortly after. By this time it was about 2:30 in the PM and I had to make a move so I fed the fish a bag of squid and some frozen pillies and made my way home.. Was a nice day out in the sunshine however.

I was down there the other day feeding the fish and saw a few luderick hanging around on the pylons, a leatherjacket also on one of the pylons and there were some large schools of pilchards cruising around too, so theres plenty of food in the area. A guy who was there on the end was catching yakkas and kindly gave me one that I put on as a live bait ... only to watch a kingy come out of nowhere and smash his way through the pillies... My yakka which had a 2/0 livebait hook through his shoulder mysteriously disappeared from my rig shortly after. By this time it was about 2:30 in the PM and I had to make a move so I fed the fish a bag of squid and some frozen pillies and made my way home.. Was a nice day out in the sunshine however.

Bad luck about the kingy mate! I'd say a squid pinched your livie. That was regularly happening to me until i finally hooked whatever was stealing my livie. Turned out to be big squid.