A few hours in the racks again!

arpie

HI guys

I ducked out this morning, even tho it looked a bit windy ...... I managed to find some spots out of the wind & chucked some crank baits in the leases! I tried to get the wind behind me, so that it lengthened my casts!

I got 4-5 small bream, then the Grand-daddy come out - he went 38cm & put up a reasonable fight - at one stage, I thought I'd lost him to rubbing out on a pole, but I released the tension & he swum out from the pole again! biggrin2.gif Into my net!! 074.gif

post-2231-030703100 1340350735_thumb.jpg

A chunky fish

post-2231-052935100 1340350761_thumb.jpg

a blue-nose in the making! yahoo.gif

post-2231-014643100 1340350794_thumb.jpg

Up & down, Up & down ..... WHACK! THis one went 33cm

post-2231-057949700 1340350821_thumb.jpg

ANother blue nose in the making!! biggrin2.gif

post-2231-001808100 1340350862_thumb.jpg

I had another nice one on momentarily - but the hooks pulled - I had to put big pressure on all the fish, as the leases are VERY unforgiving!! BUT FUN!! 1prop.gif

I have a yak buddy from Qld arriving for a few days next week - so I hope to be able to put her onto some stud fish - I dont think she's fished leases before! 1yikes.gif She is travelling the coast with her elderly folks who have a campervan & LOVE their fishing, so we may even give the beaches a go as well, as there have been good tailor reports recently! biggrin2.gif

cheerio for now

Roberta

Whacken the racks yet again, got to love it. Cracking fish there too roberta.

We are heading down to Mallacoota next weekend, haven't caught a black bream in a couple of years.......can't wait to get strapped to one again - should be stonker time down there right about now.....

Good luck, brendon, hope you get heaps!! I still haven't caught a black bream - it is on my list! I got some good flatties there some years back tho. Back then, I was a 'fast twitch' retriever so only caught flatties!!

......Whacken the racks yet again, got to love it. Cracking fish there too ..... He, he, it is rather addictive!!

Safe travels

Roberta

I still haven't caught a black bream - it is on my list! I got some good flatties there some years back tho. Back then, I was a 'fast twitch' retriever so only caught flatties!!

Roberta

Thanks Roberta. blacks don't pull anywhere near as hard as yellows for some reason, but you seem to get lot larger blacks than yellows......fingers crossed the system has cleaned up after the flooding a month back....