Pittwater

adjustedpete

Got up and checked weather( looked out the window)Couldn't see the wind forcast by our reliable :074: weather people, so opted to risk it.After leaving Bayview at around 8, no use rushing things. A quick conference on what to target, it was decided to flattie out. So off to lion Island and a flick around the shore line. Picked up 1 there at 38cm and dropped 2. It was then decided to try patonga, so a quick move and promptly 2 more over the side, both 38 too.Then it was the creeks turn to give us another 2 at 40cm.And all this time the weather was awesome. Hooked up with a mate and shot over to the hawksberry and a drift over the flat around the corner from juno for our biggest yet, 42cm. And that was it. Pulled the pin about 3pm, and got home for 5.A few beers and beer battered flatties with creamed potatoes. Who says life aint good.......tight lines..

nice work!! what sort of baits and gear were you using to get the flatties?

We use plastics,any plastics. The only stipulation I recommend is that your plastic have little wiggley bits on it. And we were casting into the weed and dragging out on to the sand flat or casting on to the beach and dragging into the deeper water. Worked a treat. Im finding the plastic awesome in the shallower water and the bait is coming up with the goods in deeper water at the moment.My gear was an 850 abu garcia reel packed with 6lb mono and 12 lb leader connected to a 1kg/2kg flick stick. Its been my weapon of choice, and heaps of fun when you hook up to decent sambos'.