Botany Bay , Sat 7/7/12

Shed1

Hi Raiders,

Well we finally got a feed from Botany Bay after months of trying. Two legal tailor and half a dozen squid. Was great not to have to break out the standby frozen pies after a day on the bay.

Very happy after spending time last week with one of the Bays popular guides/tour operator it all came together.

Cheers

Steve & Kathy

post-23017-050150100 1341701198_thumb.jpg

post-23017-082551600 1341702358_thumb.jpg

Nice!

It's good to go with guide to get a better idea of the lay of the land!

A couple of questions..

Which guide ? (Mr Brown or Mr Lyons possibly ?)

Where did you score the squid ? (around Bare Isl or Nth Head maybe ? You don't have to give it away if you don't want to !!)

What time of day/tide did you get the squid ?

And finally what time/tide did the Tailor fire up?

I'm (hopefully) getting out there Monday so I was interested in your report...

Tight Lines.

1341706483[/url]' post='449652']

Nice!

It's good to go with guide to get a better idea of the lay of the land!

A couple of questions..

Which guide ? (Mr Brown or Mr Lyons possibly ?)

Where did you score the squid ? (around Bare Isl or Nth Head maybe ? You don't have to give it away if you don't want to !!)

What time of day/tide did you get the squid ?

And finally what time/tide did the Tailor fire up?

I'm (hopefully) getting out there Monday so I was interested in your report...

Tight Lines.

No worries,

Mr Lyons showed us a few tricks and tips. Well worth it.

We got the tailor trolling with rapala magnum 15's in Yarra Bay early Sat morning. One squid we jigged over Watts reef and then we flicked soft platics south of the drums but one chased the plastic so we dropped a jig and got five before they seemed to disappear. All squid caught about mid morning.The only other catch was a large seabird that dived on one of the lures! That was fun getting that back. Both of us a sporting bite marks from the bugger, don't recommend trying for them.

Good luck tomorrow, let us know how it goes.

Steve

Edited by Shed1

No worries,

Mr Lyons showed us a few tricks and tips. Well worth it.

We got the tailor trolling with rapala magnum 15's in Yarra Bay early Sat morning. One squid we jigged over Watts reef and then we flicked soft platics south of the drums but one chased the plastic so we dropped a jig and got five before they seemed to disappear. All squid caught about mid morning.The only other catch was a large seabird that dived on one of the lures! That was fun getting that back. Both of us a sporting bite marks from the bugger, don't recommend trying for them.

Good luck tomorrow, let us know how it goes.

Steve

Cheers!

After watching the Moto/F1 racing last night I didn't get on the water 'til 6am.

Weather/seas were good, so headed out to the front of Little Bay and drifted a few spots back towards the B'Bay nth head.

Anchored up and berleyed when I spotted bait on the sounder over a couple of reefs, but all I got was Wrasse and a Port Jackson shark!!

Then had a few whales pop their heads up heading north across the heads!

I trolled back in on the last of the run in around the bommies and bays on the nth side of the bay with a Magnum 10.

But no luck!

But after the filthy weather of the last couple of weeks it was a great day out on water!

And by the way, the last time I was out on Middle Harbour I landed a seagull!

He flew into my line when casting soft plastics and tangled himself in 15lb braid!!

That's fishin'!!!

Thanks for the reply.