Fishing help

Flathead bream

G day:)

I am going to go fishing at apple tree bay at night. (not on a boat just on a boat ramp).

Could u please tell me the good rigs I could use and good baits.

I want to catch bream, flathead, Jewfish(if I can) and other sorts of fish.

ㅅ .ㅅ

Thank u

Your best bet at ATB at the moment is bream. Cast unweighted prawns (no sinker required) out and you should get a few. Nothing to stop you throwing a livebait out for hairtail, tailor and jewfish as well! Burley up just before dark and you should be able to get a few yakkas. If you get a legal tailor then that'll make a great livebait too!

Good luck!

Your best bet at ATB at the moment is bream. Cast unweighted prawns (no sinker required) out and you should get a few. Nothing to stop you throwing a livebait out for hairtail, tailor and jewfish as well! Burley up just before dark and you should be able to get a few yakkas. If you get a legal tailor then that'll make a great livebait too!

Good luck!

WHat type of prawns do you use mack? hawkesbury?

you can even use cooked prawns from coles... better value than teh servo prawns you get (you have to buy the 400g bag to get decent sized ones if you buy from a servo)

i reckon peeling them first is better to catch bream with too :)

Hawkesbury definitely work best mate! It may sound weird but Garlic prawns are some of the best bream bait i've come across. Had a dozen left-over one time and decided i'd give them a go. 4 Bream between 31-37cm. Worth a shot!

you can even use cooked prawns from coles... better value than teh servo prawns you get (you have to buy the 400g bag to get decent sized ones if you buy from a servo)

i reckon peeling them first is better to catch bream with too :)

Definitely mate! Bream will happily take a peeled cooked prawn.

Hawkesbury definitely work best mate! It may sound weird but Garlic prawns are some of the best bream bait i've come across. Had a dozen left-over one time and decided i'd give them a go. 4 Bream between 31-37cm. Worth a shot!

Definitely mate! Bream will happily take a peeled cooked prawn.

Ha ha, Garlic prawns. Love it!