Factory Refurbished Sounders

Mr Squidy

Hi Guys,

Just bought myself a second hand yak and starting to kit it out. Currently looking at setting up a cheap and nasty sounder, probably a Lowrance x-4, and have seen that a few places sell "Factory Refurbished" Lowrance sounders. Has anyone on here bought one of these before? What was the condition like? Any problems? Trying to decide if the $30 odd saving is worth the potential stuff around.

Cheers,

Rich

NO NO NO . IMO what is wrong with the latest ones out around $150 or less if your looking for a cheep sounder.

I used one not for the purpose of seeing fish but to read the bottom. Lasted 7 years and was faultless. Sold it with the boat.

If you are saving $30 I can not see the value. I would want it half price. Just my opinion.

Ive bought quite a lot of Factory refurbished Sounders and Plotters over the years and never had a problem with any of them. Most have come from USA Fleebay, for myself and mates.

Thanks for the feedback Guys,

I've already got a boat kitted with a Lowrance Elite 5 Sounder and GPS which i installed new last year. The yak is just for a bit of fun so really cant justify spending to much on it, hence why i picked one up second hand and am looking to keep cost right down with steps like this. $30 isnt much but it is still a couple of new squid jigs :biggrin2:

Rich