Chiped fishing spool

sean221

Hey guys,

Ive found that ive chpped the lip of the spool of my fishing reel, which drastically effects my casting distance.

Any reccomendationd on how to smoothen out the lip?

Contact the manufacturer & get a new spool.

Cheers,

Grant.

Is it under warranty? My new shimano 6500c baitrunners reel foot snapped off so I took it back to the store they sent it away and luckily replaced the broken part and serviced the reel for me too cost me $20 shipping thank god for that! So it's worth a try! Especially for branded reels let us know how you went by the way what brand and model is your reel?

Tight lines,

Shakeel

Hey guys,

Ive found that ive chpped the lip of the spool of my fishing reel, which drastically effects my casting distance.

Any reccomendationd on how to smoothen out the lip?

IF its not still covered by warranty n that this is what you do !

Find yourself some fine wet n dry sand paper !! Almost as fine as u can get and basically wet an lightly sand the nick in ur spool ! Sand it with water till its smooth and won't give u line resistance when you cast ! That's about it I had to do it on one of the spools on my reels n works perfectly !! Jus remember the less u can sand the better it is

Is it under warranty? My new shimano 6500c baitrunners reel foot snapped off so I took it back to the store they sent it away and luckily replaced the broken part and serviced the reel for me too cost me $20 shipping thank god for that! So it's worth a try! Especially for branded reels let us know how you went by the way what brand and model is your reel?

Tight lines,

Shakeel

Hey mate, thanks for the reply

Ive got a shimano cazna 2500 just baught a few months ago. I baught it from some boating camping fishing store but have lost the reciept. I might bring it there and ask about it, hopefully they can replace it without the reciept. If not ill have to try mr king spoolds way. Wet fine grit sand paper!

Cheers

Sean221

Hey mate, thanks for the reply

Ive got a shimano cazna 2500 just baught a few months ago. I baught it from some boating camping fishing store but have lost the reciept. I might bring it there and ask about it, hopefully they can replace it without the reciept. If not ill have to try mr king spoolds way. Wet fine grit sand paper

Cheers

Sean221

Good luck with it bud !

Edited by Mr.KingSpooled