This weekend options

juztaylor

I was looking to get out this weekend for Fin but given the 20knt westerlies predicted I thought this may be a bit too much for my 6.5m centre console 40kms from shore. I am pretty new to Sydney (from Coffs) but I was thinking of maybe working the cliffs south of South Head. Will this be a good strategy? Are there still kings around at all and what would be my best approach? Otherwise I was thinking of just peppering the cliffs with metals aiming for some tailor and salmon? Thoughts?

JT

troll from south head to bondi stay in 20 meters with seven meter divers put your lures out before your round south head there are usuly bonito and kings

hot spots the headland at the south end off the gap;;just before rosergully[carfull it jumps upquickly at rosergully to 6 meters;;;were the cliff fishos fish south off the gully;;;;bondi murk and my fav the point south off the murk always kings there find the bait balls and the kings will be close by;;; also from north bondi straight out to 90 meters some great days had there on kings

we usuly down rigg as soon as we find the fish but also cast unweighted gars and popers just for fun on the rats good luck hope you hook up big time cheers gary

troll from south head to bondi stay in 20 meters with seven meter divers put your lures out before your round south head there are usuly bonito and kings

hot spots the headland at the south end off the gap;;just before rosergully[carfull it jumps upquickly at rosergully to 6 meters;;;were the cliff fishos fish south off the gully;;;;bondi murk and my fav the point south off the murk always kings there find the bait balls and the kings will be close by;;; also from north bondi straight out to 90 meters some great days had there on kings

we usuly down rigg as soon as we find the fish but also cast unweighted gars and popers just for fun on the rats good luck hope you hook up big time cheers gary

Thanks Gary - really good advice there. Sounds like a good plan. Hopefully the wind doesn't kick up too much. I was wondering about using divers around the headlands. I trolled from botany to maroubra once with a range of deep divers out and didn't get a hit. I haven't heard too much about using divers from people on this forum though - are they a decent bet?

Thanks Gary - really good advice there. Sounds like a good plan. Hopefully the wind doesn't kick up too much. I was wondering about using divers around the headlands. I trolled from botany to maroubra once with a range of deep divers out and didn't get a hit. I haven't heard too much about using divers from people on this forum though - are they a decent bet?

we always start with two divers a red and white and a slimmy mac loooking lure mainly were looking for fish on the sounder as i've been doing this run for quite a few years and to down rigg the run takes 2 hours way to long to find fish as soon as we have bait balled up with arcs we work the area with two down riggers squid on one and a live yakka on the uther we start at dawn and finish around ten or go to the peak or 12 mile i never bother with metals in the washes as 20 years fishing the stones i'm over tailor but rosser gully[the stink pipe and bondi murk are real hot spots for big green backs best to fish for tailor just before dawn and till the suns up also i got a heads up today about big kings at longreef i was going on sunday to longy but i might go to the boat show instead depending on the wind cheers gary