Noisy stradic ci4?

horgs

Ordered a 2500 ci4 online and it came today, everything seems ok with it, tested the drag already etc. But there is a slight grinding type sound when I reel. It's not like a crunching sound, just seems like it reels very loudly.

Is this normal with all Ci4 models? Did some googling and some other people have had the same problem with no fix

mate it probably hasnt been spun for ages, why dont you try putting some oil for the handle?

I tried taking the handle off and spinning it by the spool and it still seems to make the noise. Although it could be the bearing inside that connects to the handle.

If this is the case do you think it'll quiet down after a few uses (still hasn't seen water yet)?

Putting some oil in that bearing seems like a good idea but I have no idea with reels so I don't wan't to go doing anything I'm unsure of in case I stuff up haha.

Did some more reading and some people seem to suggest it may be the Paladin gearing that's causing the loud winding. It kind of is a "shhhhh" sound, like a fan spinning or something.

Just expected a $200+ reel would be more silent.. I have a $40 sienna that is quieter than this! And some baitrunners too.

The c14 stradic has a faster retrieve ratio then most of the other shimano reels hence why it sort of sounds like a fan. Ive got one to and its makes the same sound, it happens with all of them dont thing u have a broken reel.

hope this clears things up :)

Thanks guys, that gives me some peace of mind. I will probably just play with some Stradic's at the tackle shop this weekend when I go to pickup some plastics, see if they all sound like that!