kogarah bay

joseph2593

hi raiders,

went to kogarah bay today land based. fished from 12.30-3.00pm the run out tide flicking soft plastics around such as squidgies wrigglers, squidgie fish, nuclear chicken and a hard body for another donught...this winter has been very quiet in kogarah bay. Can anyone offer any tips?

cheers joseph

Hi,

I am a regular at kogarah bay, flicking HB and SP, winter is pretty hard in KB with plastics. Although I've found that fishing from the early afternoon is typically the hardest! If you want to catch stuff in the KB with SP (I'm guessing flatheads?), you have to go a bit earlier, try timing it with the incoming tide and the morning, i usually find that 8am is okay, usually earlier in the summer. I do have more luck with HBs and bream rather then SPs and bream in KB, depends what you are after though? I usually work KB the hardest in summer, which is coming soon, it has been getting warmer!

Cheers

Clement

Hi,

I am a regular at kogarah bay, flicking HB and SP, winter is pretty hard in KB with plastics. Although I've found that fishing from the early afternoon is typically the hardest! If you want to catch stuff in the KB with SP (I'm guessing flatheads?), you have to go a bit earlier, try timing it with the incoming tide and the morning, i usually find that 8am is okay, usually earlier in the summer. I do have more luck with HBs and bream rather then SPs and bream in KB, depends what you are after though? I usually work KB the hardest in summer, which is coming soon, it has been getting warmer!

Cheers

Clement

thanks for all the useful tips! I'm trying to target flathead and bream and the occasional whiting if they're around. is the run in better than the run out at kogarah? and also which HB's do you use if you don't mind me asking?

cheers

I find that the run in tide is better for when you are targeting bream and the run out for flathead. I've had a lot of luck using the SX40F from ecogear, atomic shads, I find that bream take a liking to shads and the tighter wobble action, rather then wide wobble action.

I've only ever caught bream early morning at kogarah bay but ill give those hb's a go! Have you had any luck down the end near the baths?

Did you catch the bream on a SP? Yeah, I have caught some nice flathead within the swimming area on high tide, and caught my PB bream down on the far side with a SX40.