Volunteers wanted!

Krystle

Volunteers wanted!

Are you a keen angler and want to contribute to research to enhance recreational fishing on offshore artificial reefs in New South Wales?

Volunteers are needed to participate in an angler diary program that is being conducted on the recently deployed artificial reef off South Head, Sydney. This research is part of a joint study by the University of New South Wales and NSW fisheries on estimating the catch effort and harvest rates of recreational species associated with the artificial reef. The data collected will assist in determining the effectiveness of this artificial reef in attracting fish and will provide information for further deployments of artificial reefs in the future.

A diary and a fish identification kit will be distributed to all volunteers who participate, so that information on the length of each fishing trip as well as catches can be recorded. Volunteers will also be contacted throughout the study period for brief phone surveys.

If you are interested in participating in the angler diary program, contact Krystle at k.keller@student.unsw.edu.au for more details.

Thanks!

Krystle

Edited by mrsswordfisherman
MOVED TO FISHING REPORTS BY MRSSWORDIE

Volunteers wanted!

The data collected will assist in determining the effectiveness of this artificial reef in attracting fish and will provide information for further deployments of artificial reefs in the future.

If you are interested in participating in the angler diary program, contact Krystle at k.keller@student.unsw.edu.au for more details.

Thanks!

Krystle

Sounds like a great program to become involved with Krystle. There are plenty of Raiders that could assist with this project so I hope you receive a strong response. I would love to see some of the results posted here in the future. Good luck!

Cheers

Hodgey

Sounds like a great initiative.

Is there a URL or any more information that can be posted here for all to read up-front before we all crash Krystle's email Inbox with messages ?

It will also save her a lot of time reading and posting the same response to many interested parties.

Perhaps Krystle can do a bit of a write up for us ?

I would love to be involved but if I have to release all fish, I would think twice, whereas it would suit other anglers down to a tee....

Just a thought....

Tony

Is there a URL or any more information that can be posted here for all to read up-front before we all crash Krystle's email Inbox with messages ?

It will also save her a lot of time reading and posting the same response to many interested parties.

I would love to be involved but if I have to release all fish, I would think twice, whereas it would suit other anglers down to a tee....

Just a thought....

Tony

Tony, Krystle is quite happy to be contacted via email as she suggests. I moved this post from fishing chat due to lack of enquiries.

Please join in so that this piece of research can be done :thumbup:

Hi Tony, yes please contact me by email if you are interested in recieving more information, the more volunteers that participate, the better!! Also, There are more details about the reef including coordinates on the fisheries website if you want to check it out, the website is http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/recreational/saltwater/artificial-reefs. I look forward to hearing from you soon :biggrin2:

Just a thought....

Tony