City to Surf

tryhard

Hi all,

Just wondering if there will be any other Fishraiders running in the City to surf?

I will be doing it for the first time ever, this year & I am really quite excited.

I have never entered anything like this before, but I am going to give it a red hot go.

There will only be 85,000 of us - so you should be able to pick me out with out too much drama! I'll be the blurry blob amongst the other 84,999 blurry blobs !!

Good luck to anyone else giving it a crack!

hi mate, i ran it last year and finished in 1hr 15min, i cant do it this year though.

its a really good day out and plenty of fun, good luck

Austral,

I am running My 15k training route in around 76 min on a good day, so I figure that allowing for dodging & trampling of the crowd, I might be able to do a around 76min.

Trouble is, as a late entrant & with no previous recognised times, I am starting in the yellow - the second last group to go. that'll make it interesting!

Austral,

I am running My 15k training route in around 76 min on a good day, so I figure that allowing for dodging & trampling of the crowd, I might be able to do a around 76min.

Trouble is, as a late entrant & with no previous recognised times, I am starting in the yellow - the second last group to go. that'll make it interesting!

youll be ok, we ran in the blue section and after we finished we went over to watch out for the girlfriends and there were plenty of

yellows overtaking the blues..all youll be doing is dodging the slower racers. the footpaths are sometimes a better option..

good luck

Kel,

thanks for that, but I have to tell you, you should do it - it's absolutely fantastic.

every one is there for pretty much the same reason & as such, you meet a heap of great people.

the organisation is fantastic, given the huge volume of runners & walkers & actors! and the volunteers do a massive job. The crowd along the way is great & I have never seen so many people just enjoying themselves & no agro at all (not that I saw).

No one cares if you walk, crawl or roll, so long as you have fun.

Make sure you sign up for next year & if you want to run, just start building a little bit of training into your weekly routine.

tryhard well done!. I was born in Bondi, literally. Dont think many can actually claim that. I grew up on Military rd and for as long as i can remember i used to sit out the front and watch everyone go by mostly because in the early 70's all of Easts 1st grade side would run, Artie, Fairy, shoey, bunny and co! Still find it a laugh to this day artie did the city 2 surf, many years later when i played with easts i bought the subject up with him. The funny thing is i have never ever had the inkling to run it and never will :074:

Finin,

I dont remember Easts running, but I sure remember them being at the top of the table when I was in primary school - red white & blue...........!

Such a long time ago now, they were pretty much a team of star players back then.........aaaah for the good old days.