Sa Bream Heaven

Aero

Well where do I begin,

After expecting a lazy weekend here in gloomy adelaide, A phone call and a invite to fish the BIG bream spot was now on the agenda.

Gaffer (a FishSA memeber) and myself got there saturday night and were greeted by Snapperhead (another FishSA member) at the boat ramp. We were planning on giving the Reds on rubber a shot, but they didnt want to Co-operate.

On the way home we stopped by one of the Breamin spots and had a few quick flicks. A few casts in and a little tap was converted into a 42cm total length bream, and the smallest bream to come out of this spot to Date !

This is the 42cm job taken between rain sqawls

100_0564.JPG

The following morning myself and Gaffer made our way down to the ramp to meet Chucky (another FishSA member) who was waiting and ready to get stuck into them !

First spot, and no joke 4th cast im hooked up and fighing a solid fish away from some pretty tough terrain

5_aero_fighting_his_bream.jpg

He swims clear, and Gaffer is waiting with the landing net

24_gaffer.jpg

To say I was stoked was an understatement, not often does the first fish come so easily, nor do they usually come this big !

7_Aeros_47cm_2.02kg.jpg

I was wrapped with a new PB of 47cm Total (46.7ish rounded up :074: ) and a weight of 2.02kg ! This fish was so well conditioned, and reasonably pretty compared to the typical Black bream

6_yuk_a_TT.jpg

(Guys dont post reply's till i finish this up please)

fter the photo session, it took all of 4 minutes and chucky's rod's loaded up and he's away on another beauty, it put up a real good account of it self but chucky and that rod of his handled it with ease, and another tank hit the deck. This one went 48cm total, and 2.04kg on the scales.

2_my_2.04kg.jpg

Another of the fish on the measure, and his mate swimming in the 50L esky

20_48_to_the_fork.jpg

South Aussies Measure fish's Total length, None of this fork business over there, but chucky figured he'd keep everyone happy and measure his horse to the fork !

:1prop::1prop::074:

These two Were Released cos they didnt seem too happy in a 50L esky, and we figured we'd make some room just in case we assed anymore !

Next spot, and we snuck in with the electic and we all fired off casts, chucky got a bite instantly and within moments another small 42cm fish hit the deck, a quick check on the scales and another 1.46kg was added to the bream tally. The fish in this system are all in such excellent condition, if I hadnt read the scales with my own eye's id be sceptical on the weights.

13_my_1.46.jpg

Next was my turn, I fired off another cast, and it was picked up on the drop, I set the hooks on what felt to be a brick wall, and within 3 seconds i was cleanly cut off. I was abit frustrated but soon realised I had actually cast over a collapsed wooden jetty, so the fish knew he didnt have to go far to blow me away.

As I tied on another jighead, those words you hate ("I’m on again!") rung out as chucky set the hooks on what was the fairest playing fish, he just cruised straight up the boat and into the landing net !! :ranting2::ranting2:

Chucky was stoked, and this fish was a little bigger than the previous one, at 47cm total, and 1.86kg! At this stage i realised this is where BIG Bream come to retire, there was no such thing as a small fish, not in this system !

heres chuck with another horse

14_my_1.86.jpg

We needed a 5th fish, So chuck took us to another honey hole and we hoped another biggun would co-operate, and guess what?

CHUCK HOOKS UP ON THE FIRST BLOODY CAST !!!

He hooks up and calls it for a Salmon trout (A baby Aussie Salmon for us Easterners) this fish swam out of a Pylon, ate a lure, and swam to the boat ! it then turned on the after burners but out to open water, after a spirited tussle and a bit of curry I was happy to land chucks 4th fish of the day

11_my_1.98_again.jpg

Another Thumper at 48cm and ever so close to the 2kg mark at 1.98kg !

Chucks weight for his 4 fish was 7.34kg !!!

And the total for the five fish was 9.36kg !!!

On the way home we stopped off to see if any of the Farmed kingfish escape's were hanging around, and sure enough they were. These fish in this school were battered, shortened fins, scars on their backs, really really unheathly. One nailed my Hawg, and gave me abit of curry before he ended up in the boat, he went 64cms, and the other side of him had a nasty big scar/infection happening, also these fish are so docile here, but I guess that had alot to do with the water temp just under 12degrees

23_Aeros_kingy.jpg

He looks okay on this side, but you can see the damanged dorsal fin, and the other side of him wasnt pretty at all.

It was an amazing day out there, and Id like to thank chucky, Snapps, and Gaff for letting me have a shot at the bigguns, I really appreciated it guys !

Enjoy !

Chris

Guest fishrunner

that's absolutely amazing to get 5 fish that size in one session is a godsend :thumbup: ,. Welldone to yourself,chuck and gaffer, have a slight feelin the new pb's will stick for a while. :1naughty::1clap::1yikes:

cheers brad

If anyone every beats that for a bream report I'll eat my mother-in-laws driving cushion!

:1clap:  :1clap:  :1clap:

57788[/snapback]

I've allready put another trip on the "high Priority" list, and with the area where these fish came from, bettering this report is more than possible !

Chris