Brooker Boats

Tim

Hi guys

Just wondering if anybody might share their experiences with Brooker boats? I'm looking at a 2nd hand 475 centre console on Saturday so am keen to hear some peoples experience with them, as I haven't heard much about Brooker before.

Cheers

Tim

Guest MarkD
Hi guys

Just wondering if anybody might share their experiences with Brooker boats?  I'm looking at a 2nd hand 475 centre console on Saturday so am keen to hear some peoples experience with them, as I haven't heard much about Brooker before.

Cheers

Tim

57649[/snapback]

Hi Tim,

From (my bad) memory one of our members was selling a brooker CC a couple of months back, cant rememebr his name, have a seacrh or maybe one of the 'raiders with a better memory can tell us who was selling it.

Cheers

Mark

Guest Target

G'Day Tim

Brooker boats are built to a budget, thats why they are a little cheaper than others, however they are made strong. Look around at alot of the rental tinnies and you will find they are Brookers.

Mine is a brooker, good boat, but does basic, and it aint the best looking boat out there either. Mines the 4.1 open, and youve seen where Ive fished regularly.

From memory, a 475 brooker cc with a 50HP 2 stroke mariner is under $20K brand new.

What time Saturday you going fishing (oops, boat testing) ?

Adrian

GDAY Tim,

No frills kinda boat, and pretty good construction. As Target said they are on the budget side, but you do get a pretty good boat for your money. Just dont pay top dollar for a second hand one. Id be more concerned about the motor.

G'Day Tim

Brooker boats are built to a budget, thats why they are a little cheaper than others, however they are made strong.  Look around at alot of the rental tinnies and you will find they are Brookers.

Mine is a brooker, good boat, but does basic, and it aint the best looking boat out there either. Mines the 4.1 open, and youve seen where Ive fished regularly.

From memory, a 475 brooker cc with a 50HP 2 stroke mariner is under $20K brand new.

What time Saturday you going fishing (oops, boat testing) ?

Adrian

57671[/snapback]

Hi Adrian

I don't think I'll be testing it on Saturday, just having a look. If I can't get it out on Saturday then I'll go for a run the following weekend.

It sounds really good on paper... Got all the bits I want except live bait tank. (But it's got boxes built into the gunwales at the stern that could be turned into live tanks)

Cheers

Tim

They are built in NSW and have been in operation for years. Among other things they manufacture boat trailers and formwork frames, braces, jacks etc for the construction industry.

They are a strong, economical no frills boat

Good Luck

Hi,

I own a Brooker Saratoga 395, it is a V punt and I use it in estuary and inpoundments mostly for lure fishing; it will be 5 years old in october, and I will keep it beyond that, never had a problem with it. Unfortunately I cannot say the same about my Brooker trailer :1badmood: Stay away from any trailers with a Brooker sticker on it.

The Brooker factory is indeed in Silverwater, I unfortunatly visited it, when I put their nose in it :ranting2: when the tubes of my trailer started to split after just one year of normal use. They seem to also use components for their trailers that nobody else uses around here (rollers for example).

why pay 10000(for a pretty crap one) or 15000 for a good one when you can get a brand new model a 485 bay raider for around 17500 with a 4 stroke 60 yamy on the back.

i looked for about 6 months for a good boat(exactly what your after)but nothing was ever that good for the price

eg 13500-15000 for a 3-4 year old boat with only a 40 2 stroke on the back.

i got mine from empire bay marine as they were the cheapest by far.i was quoted 9200 for just the hull at some brooker dealers and at empire bay i got the hull for only 7400.shop aroungnd though andjust think, for an extra 2000-3000 grand youll get a new shiny boat.

good luck :thumbup:

Edited by brettoes

Guest fishrunner

Hi there, Brettoes boat does go pretty well, stable and cuts the chop, I also owned an old v14 for a few years, went well for the size and the welds were nice to look at, was very strong and lasted well, I believe it would be serving the new owner as good as it served me. This was a 30yr+ old boat and still going strong.

good luck on your search.

cheers brad