Nambucca River and outside

Merro

Hey Fisho's

My Family is heading up to Nambucca for 2 weeks in late september. We are meeting another family up there, and they enjoy a bit of friendly fishing as do we. Both of us have boats, his is more set up for estuary while mine is a bit bigger and can handle going outside.

Im doing some pre trip research and hoping to get some tips from anglers who have fished these waters.

Firstly, Ive heard the Bar crossing is a no no which sorta sucks but there is a beach launch location nearby?

Basicly I want to know what species to target this time of the year in the river and what I might expect to get outside.

I generally fish a combination of plastics and baits so Im open to any suggestions you good folk might have, along with any locations you can recommend.

Much appreciated...

Merro

By then the lizards should be in the mood for a feed of plastic! Launch at the golf club and search out weed beds, drop offs etc in the main river and up into Warrell Creek. Whiting also a chance on nippers and worms.

You are right about the bar - give it a big miss. Beach launching available at Shelley Beach. Only about 40 mins to better launching facilities at Coffs Harbour.

Kel

Gday Mero . Nambucca heads mmmm what a great place!

I'd take Narooma or SWR combined with a strong Nor easter over that bar anyday, We've been stupid enough to cross that bar twice, mind you the first time crossing was ok, but the 2nd time well...... never again. A few locals and trawlers still do use it (including an old family friend- he heads out but is back before 10 am. This bloke has also crossed the Manning river Bar at Taree and the Bellinger river , all 3 are defiantely the worst in NSW and are considered hardly passable, so in other words he has a death wish lol .

As for the fishing mate the reefs fish very well for big snapper at this time of the year so you should be in for a great time. I'd be happy to give you marks so send me a PM if youd like

Cheers

Mitch