braid to leader knots

joseph2593

I'd always used a double uni for most lines, but it didn't hold on my 2kg braid, even with 9 turns!. Lucky I was casting over sand flats at the time. I was able to wade out and retrieve my $20 lure.

Looks like I'm going to have to learn the Albright and Slim Beauties to see if they hold better. No trouble with the double uni going through the guides, though. Just trim the tag ends close, whatever knot you tie.

Nursie

For my Nanofil to Fluoro connection, I now use loop-to-loop like they do in fly and some freshwater fishing. Easier to tie on the job (especially with ultrathin Nanofil), does not slip, and casts well through the rod guides. Best of all, much easier to replace leader when required.

For me it is:

Light lines (4-20lb) and leaders (up to around 30lb) - double uni knot has never let me down

Heavier lines (20 lb plus) and leaders (30lb plus) the albright is good. Also looking at the melville special (check it out on the Fishing World magazine website). Looks easy to tie and promises to be very strong.

For me it is:

Light lines (4-20lb) and leaders (up to around 30lb) - double uni knot has never let me down

Heavier lines (20 lb plus) and leaders (30lb plus) the albright is good. Also looking at the melville special (check it out on the Fishing World magazine website). Looks easy to tie and promises to be very strong.

I'm the same light I use double uni heavier improved Albright

For me it is:

I started using the "melville" when I saw it in Fisho magazine, then their website told us they'd made a mistake in the mag and to use the modified version from the web...

Both versions seem to work O.K.!!

I generally use a double uni in the lighter line classes and either a Bimini/Tony Jones or a Bimini/Slim Beauty or the Melville Special on heavier lines (depending on the application).

The search function on the forum would've given you so many posts on this question as it's been asked so so many times on beer.

yet people keep replying?

but on most car forums I am on, it would be met with "use the search function, this thread is now locked"

or would you prefer we used the report.png more often?

Edited by user1829

yet people keep replying?

but on most car forums I am on, it would be met with "use the search function, this thread is now locked"

If people want to talk then let them we say! :biggrin2:

You will still find more info & more knots using our SEARCH function, but hey, each to their own.

Cheers,

Grant.

yep, no worries! was not sure what Catchin Jack was getting at...

i agree with jewhunter, all this information has been useful and i find it more effective getting other raider's opinion and starting my own topics rather than using the "search function" and reading old posts :biggrin2: overall a majority of the content on this forum has been covered, people just like fresh and new opinions/advice.

also i tried out the double uni knot and found it very easy to tie and effective :thumbup:

I find it more effective getting other raider's opinion and starting my own topics rather than using the "search function"

so knots are a seasonal thing?

now i have heard everything!

PS i have learned WAY more from the search function than from starting new topics...

PPS - you havent even told us what line weight you are asking about!??!? good luck tying an albright in 40lb line!

I never said they were a seasonal thing. There's no rules saying you can't post up topics that have already been covered. If someone wants to post something then so be it, does not mean other raiders are forced to contribute to the topic. Those are just my two cents...and its 8lb line.

What I was referring to was try using the search function to find what you're after before making yet another topic on it, as someone said, it's not like knots are seasonal so I guess the search function will probably answer your question to the post you have put up.