2 boats lots of fish

brettmann86

Hi raiders,

I was lucky enough to get out twice over this week, once in my trailer boat the other in my little river boat... Ooohh I'm lucky aren't I lol,

Well Monday I was struck with a sudden and horrible case of "fishing pox" so I went to my mates place to pick my trailer boat up (gotta keep it at his place because it won't fit past the carport at mine) and me and him launched at parsley bay, we went out through broken bay trolling for nothing then decided to put the octo jigs down over the valiant.... Well long story short 15 reds all sub legal but we scored some good mowies which was ok, then a flatty drift through the middle ground of BB for 4 good sized flathead so that wasn't bad for 4 hours worth of fishing,

Then Monday night the missus hatched a plan to have a girls evening with her sis in law so I in turn hatched a plan for some bass fishing in my old ski boat I bought for a bargain. So we launched at Windsor and well long story short 3 hours fishing with lures in the dark for 1 15cm bass.. But it was a first for me so it still has a silver lining

Didn't set the world on fire but I had fun!

Top work brettmann. Ive had a fair bit of success on those Octo jigs over the last year, even found them to be out fishing the lucanus jigs.

Squidboy the Valiants a well known Wreck off Barenjoey Headland. It usually holds baitfish and reef species like small Snapper, Mowies, Sweep etc . In summer Kingfish are often caught there to on livebaits and weighted soft plastics. The GPS mark- 33 34 795 151 20 655

Hope this helps,

Mitch

Edited by Workmate

The octo jigs are great and what you can actually pick up on them is unbeleivable, great thing is if your drifting with one of those jigs and you see a school bust up in casting distance just put the rod in the holder and it will still catch fish while your spinning I reckon they're magic.

Thanks for sharing. I got my gos up and going now. It's amazing when you use it well the results you can get. I been trying the DPI reef without the most success, but with all the bait hanging off it, it looks promising for the summer

The octo jigs are great and what you can actually pick up on them is unbeleivable, great thing is if your drifting with one of those jigs and you see a school bust up in casting distance just put the rod in the holder and it will still catch fish while your spinning I reckon they're magic.

What is an "Octo jig" exactly? How different are they from the Lucanus jigs? :huh:

What is an "Octo jig" exactly? How different are they from the Lucanus jigs? :huh:

"Octo jig" is the generic name for this type of jig, i.e. Lead head, skirt, free swinging assist style jig hooks.

"Lucanus" is simply the Shimano vesion.

Lots of different brands and styles around now...

Sounds like a nice sesh.

Should put your 15cm bass on your PB :thumbup:

I'd love to just crack the 25cm mark for a bass I bought the speed boat for basically bass in the hawkesbury and bream on oyster leases so far neither has panned out as planned ha ha ha but at least this summer In the trailer boat I can cover almost all spots available