Bate Bay

Yowie

Trolled pilchards near Jibbon Point from first light to sunrise for 6 tailor to 42cm, though most were around the 32 - 35 mark, not big fish but a few fresh fillets. Also pulled out 2 salmon about 45 and 50cm, they were sent back swimming.

Missed a few bites, probably because of the smaller size of the fish taking the larger sized pilchards. The smaller pilchards provided a better hook up. Tried a lure, but dropped both fish beside the boat. Pilchards were getting more hits than the lure.

There were schools of small pilchards jumping about at times as the tailor attacked them, and a dolphin not far from the fish. The tailor are close in to Jibbon Point, but the water is shallow and bumpy, not for inexperienced boaties.

Did not use it as it is still sitting on the trailer at my mother's place. Have to launch it, motor around to my mother's boatshed, swap the old one, etc.

No time to do that yet, so used the old one. One of the splits re-opened, so a bit of water back in the boat again. At least my feet are washed and cleaned. :074: