TCD again!

painske

We did the pilgramage again to TCD yesterday, The trek along Bell was great, heavy frost/snow patches along with clear skies made for a great spectical with occasional family pulled over letting their kids play in the heavy patches of snow which placed a good vibe for the day.

On arrival at the lake the wind picked up which was a bit of a downer but after getting ready we were prepaired for along day of hard fishing.

After flogging the water for hours and hours and hours it was a sweet F,A moment. Well still persisted with interludes of amusement with a mob of Billies getting dispatched.

Then my lucked turned in the late afternoon finally in the last few hours of light. I managed two very nice rainbows on fly while my mate watched in dismay fishing the same spots getting 0 (he he he!!!).

In the last hour of light we headed back over the wall and fished the car park side which became quite still, hoping for a evening rise (Fail...) and watching the sunset we wandered off for the long trip home..

post-22698-061506200 1346554254_thumb.jpg

post-22698-027177000 1346554263_thumb.jpg

post-22698-007696500 1346554270_thumb.jpg

Well done Mate, you did well there and on the fly too!

After we saw you Guy's up there on the west side, we headed back over the wall and fished the south east corner...Buggar all...

On my last few casts before we pulled the pin, I hooked up, but unfortunately dropped the fish after a few seconds...That's fishing hey!

Only the one fish for team Stalker Boys!

We'll be back, and I dare say full focus on the fly rods is drawing closer and closer!

Solid looking fish mate!!!! :D good work!! wish i wasn't working i'd be out fishing in a flash. :(

well i can only go to the trout on weekends, kinda waiting on the riviers to re-open.

If you dont mind letting me know what kinda of flys are working the best at this time of year, then that would be AWESOME !! and really appreciated . :)

as i really only spin and bait the lakes and would LOVE to get into fly fishing.

thanks mate

Nice work fellas :biggrin2: what type of flies are you using ?

Regards Stewy

Well al my fish have been caught on a brown wooly bugger with a few good wraps of lead giving it a slow natural sink. Fished with a floating line 10 foot of leader/tippet

Well al my fish have been caught on a brown wooly bugger with a few good wraps of lead giving it a slow natural sink. Fished with a floating line 10 foot of leader/tippet

Thanks Dan,

I have a little secret weapon I am going to try tomorrow :biggrin2: will let you know how we go.

Cheers Stewy