Lake Lyell yesterday

painske

Well its been a while since I have been to Lyell and it was hard fishing I found given the conditions, still opting for fly gear and my friend trying both spinning and fly depending on how much wind was blowing and direction. We only managed 1 fish between us.

I got this nice little brown with my ol faithful for this cold season.

I am looking forward for all this wind to die off.

post-22698-014322000 1347149871_thumb.jpg

Yep it was tough fishing conditions, the wind kept changing direction and finding places with enough room to get a decent backcast in was hard due to the high water levels.

We found some good looking water at the back of the lake BUT the amount of rubbish (plastic bags, beer bottles and bongs everywhere!) put us off fishing the area.

I don't get it why idiots leave all their crap in such nice places to fish, it's not that hard to take your rubbish with you!

Can't wait for the winds to die down so we can give TCD a decent go.

corbs

Edited by corbs

Nice fish Dan. I went up to Lyell today and managed one also up the back of the lake. There was a fellow trolling tassie devils in the middle who hooked onto a nice 6 or 7lb brown, he said he was caught at about 9 metres deep. I saw all the rubbish that Corbs spoke of, it was nasty but I was on a time schedule so it had to do... It is disgusting.