humminbird ci si hd query

Dhutchy

G'day Raiders, long time no talk, but I wish you all well. A recent birthday won me a humminbird sounder. But going under the railway bridge and mooney mooney, and it doesn't show the pylons. Why so I ask? I am hoping someone out there in the community might have some idea. I am pretty sure it must be a setting. I'd appreciate any advice.

Rgds and tight lines

Dhutchy

did you think to watch both sides of the screen to make sure the image wasn't a mirror image?

May sound a bit dumb but I can say Ive made this mistake while doing the settings for a mate, after going past the rock wall in Botany Bay and seing nothing we eventualy noticed movent on the right side screen instead of the left, change settings and all was good :-)

Brett

Edited by oz_brett

Hi David. Nice to see you back on line. The HB is a nice unit & sure you will work it out.

I've just purchased the Lowrance Elite 5 Combo & it's taken several outings plus time in the back yard playing with the GPS to work out the settings & operation.

Geoff

• 4 weeks later...

Hi David. Nice to see you back on line. The HB is a nice unit & sure you will work it out.

I've just purchased the Lowrance Elite 5 Combo & it's taken several outings plus time in the back yard playing with the GPS to work out the settings & operation.

Geoff

Hi Geoff, Good to hear from you as well. Getting back on line has been almost as hard as getting the boat out lately. Thank goodness Winter has gone and lets hope for some decent weather. I reckon you're smart enough to work out the Lowrance. The HB requires time out on the water, preferably without kids who press buttons and change settings. I hope you are well mate.

Tight lines.

David

did you think to watch both sides of the screen to make sure the image wasn't a mirror image?

May sound a bit dumb but I can say Ive made this mistake while doing the settings for a mate, after going past the rock wall in Botany Bay and seing nothing we eventualy noticed movent on the right side screen instead of the left, change settings and all was good :-)

Brett

G'day Brett, thanks for your response. Sorry my response has been slow, but work and everything has been a bit frantic. My blockhead, is a bit of a blunt instrument at the best of times, but I am sure it my sounder was set to both sides, unless my glitch has been assisted by my button pushing kids (quite possible) it wasn't on mirror.

But its an interesting notion. To me having a mirror, ie both sides of the screen showing the left, or the right, seems ulimately confusing. I will check.

Tightlines

Dhutchy