SYDNEY PIGS

craigbutcher

Hi Raiders,

Got out at 4am this morning in search of 1) SQUID 2) PIGS when the Sun came up.

Squid didnt play the game, mind you, only 3 casts and moved on.

Berleyed hard with bread and chook pellets and fished the North Head washes.

Landed a good 50cm Drummer on Cungee & lost what felt like a solid Groper. Spewing.

All good though, got a feed.

post-11981-029757300 1347497883_thumb.jpg

nice may be going for a pig or two on sunday with the blackfish gear for some fun

HI Mate,

Good luck on the weekend. My good mate targets blackfish with a passion and crosses paths with the odd drummer each session (much to his dismay). The 6-8lb Blackfish leader will not stop 99% of the pigs, however, you can always get lucky and land one (which he sometimes does).

For this PIG I was using 30lb leader. Needed every bit of it to turn it's head out of reef, felt the reef cheese grating my leader on the way up!

Let us know how you go!

Butch

When I was young, I used to get big hits and very short runs, then all of a sudden, snagged.

Father used to tell me I just caught Australia and the waves were the reason for the HIT.

Now I know the culprit that made me looked like I'm crying wolf! :)

Thanks butch for enlightening me to the truth.

HI Mate,

Good luck on the weekend. My good mate targets blackfish with a passion and crosses paths with the odd drummer each session (much to his dismay). The 6-8lb Blackfish leader will not stop 99% of the pigs, however, you can always get lucky and land one (which he sometimes does).

For this PIG I was using 30lb leader. Needed every bit of it to turn it's head out of reef, felt the reef cheese grating my leader on the way up!

Let us know how you go!

Butch

Guest hawkesbass

I did a post earlier this year on the pigs with blackfish gear Me and a mate landed six in a three hour session and got dusted by eight pigs using eight pound mainline and ten pound leader we do this for fun and not so much to get a feed but we do keep some off the catch. The challenge we find makes it more enjoyable when a solid pig is landed on this gear.I may have screw loose as we also chase kings off the rocks with forty pound leader and twenty pound braid around north head in summer good luck with the fishing