northern beaches rock hopping this Sat - anyone ?

bennoz

headed out sat afternoon - was pretty slow (after a very slow morning trying to catch some squid). managed some borderline bream and as dusk settled, landed a nice sambo. all released to fight another day

got down to my fav ledge sun morning, but it was pretty washed out. got there an hour before high tide, and it was starting to get narly, so packed up and left. saw plenty of schools busting up about 200m away. wishing i was in a boat !

its going to be a good summer - i can feel it !

Sounds like my weekend down south.

Saturday with the southerly hit up Bass point for a quick morning spin session. Sambo's were busting up the water but hard as i try, there was no way i was going to get my lure out 300 meters :D Landed a small bream on a slow retrieve as my arms were tiring which was a surprise, let him swim away as i grabbed my pack and jumped into the car and headed for PKCT.

Arrived to a crowd of peeps throwing out pilchards on floats, once again the Sambo's were out of reach and an occasional one would tickle a float. Spent 2 hours spinning for 1 near hook up. Sambo busted the water taking lure in mouth but due to the direction it hit the line was too slack for a proper strike and it spat out the metal tasting fish :thumbdown:

Packed up and headed to Hill 60 for a spin before a squid session, 1st cast and BAM the lure gets smashed and up comes a decent 50cm Sambo. Back in he went and out flys the lure again in the hope of a nice session......silence. Ohh well the squid jig took over from there, landed 2 for dinner so i packed up and headed to Windang to try my luck for a decent Bream or Jew.

Cleaned the squid, used the left over un-edible parts for bait, sparked up the U-Bute and sat there eating my squid watching the rod stay motionless. 12am rolled around and i packed up and headed home to Sydney. A days fishing for a feed of BBQ squid, not too bad a day but damn was it cold.

Can't wait for what Summer will bring.

hey mate - long time

went to flat rock in curlcurl sat arvo, just after low tide . was fairly busy but slow

sun mornig went to old mans hat. never been there with the swell from the south, thought id give it a look as reports were swell was fairly flat - When i got there it looked like a 1m ground swell. got hairy so we packed up early. wont do that again!

saw 2 big schools busting up near the point about 200m away. summers looking promising ;)

you didn't fish the high ledges around flat rock? i fished one of the high ledges and caught heaps of drummer. Sorry i can't pin point which one but if you walk around you will see a ledge overhangs a washy area. all you have to do is drop your bait.

if you do fish the spot make sure you bring a heavy rod because you will need to winch the fish up