Beach fishing need help

charzy87

Hey guys,

My partner and I want to head out beach fishing we have gone twice but he gets the shits cause just don't seem to have any luck with bites.

Really would like someone to join us to give us some tips what beachs and times etc along with what bait and rigs to use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Charzy :)

I can offer some advise (in case u don't get any offers to show u what to do). Most beaches will hold fish which are feeding on other fish, crustaceans, etc. Check out youTube for how to identify gutters...these are deeper water channels which will usually have fish feeding in them. Basically, the waves form as they hit shallower water beneath them so gutters are identified by the break in wave formation. Best times are early morning and late evening (darkness encourages fish to feed usually). Gang hooks with full pilchards work well but u need to berley regularly. I usually cut a pilchard into 4 then throw these into the wash where I'm fishing, fairly regularly. You really just have to plod on and u will get fish. U can also use a paternoster rig with a full pilchard on a gang hook close to the sinker and maybe have a smaller hook a bit higher up with worms, pippies, or other bait to improve ur chances. Make sure your sinker holds ur bait where you cast and you should get some fish. Fishing is a game of patience...good luck, Neil.

I'm a bit busy for the next few weeks but I'd be happy to take you guys beach fishing mid to late October and pass on what I know. Mostly I'll fish Stockton Beach so it could be a big day but it would be a good lesson as there's 30km of drivable beach. Alternately this time of year Garie Beach and Warilla beach down the Gong usually have some hungry fish.

We have the odd bit of success from the sand

cleaningthecatch.jpg

That would be great if we could come along for a fish not worried about the road trip to the beach. Nice fish would be happy with 2 lol so be stoked with a result like yours.

PM me your details can arrange something when your free.

I'm a bit busy for the next few weeks but I'd be happy to take you guys beach fishing mid to late October and pass on what I know. Mostly I'll fish Stockton Beach so it could be a big day but it would be a good lesson as there's 30km of drivable beach. Alternately this time of year Garie Beach and Warilla beach down the Gong usually have some hungry fish.

We have the odd bit of success from the sand

cleaningthecatch.jpg

The ODD bit???? thats a nice haul

I would love some help to be able to show me how to catch that 'odd' fish

That day was special, we kept the fish that were bleeding heavily and let everything else go. Had we kept everything it would have been 200kg of fish possibly more. We were throwing Halco's into acres of fish, there were at least 6 large schools along the beach and all you had to do was get a cast close to them. Nobody needed to be an expert that day just fit. My advantage is the 4wd, I can take friends fishing and if it gets cold they can get in the car, tired they can sleep in the car, hungry go to the fridge in the car and nobody gets sea sick. It also helps to be able to cover 35km of beach in an hour.

So jealous yeah I don't have a 4wd only a hatch my car would probably sink in the sand lol. But that looks like a lot of fun especially with all the essentials with the car. Lots of fish for dinner which is good for you :).

We have to make a trip when your free

• 2 weeks later...

I fish Palm Beach Sydney.....last 2 outings in August only small flathead, but in July had 3 good sessions on sambos and tailor. A this time of the year i will chase bream as well as salmon on a pilchard and surf popper. Weather/wind dependent, I will next fish Palm Beach 13th/14th October on a late afternoon high tide. Always happy to have someone tag along and share what has worked for me. Cheers