nice sydney harbour flathead

Bawley

Went for a blackfish session at my usual spot in sydney harbour....only caught one lol!!

I came across a pillie on the rocks and placed it on a ganged hook setup.. no weight and threw off the beach..... ended up with this on the slow retrieve...pretty lucky day. it was pretty banged up.. one eyes was all grey and looked like a prop had hit her under the head....dinner tonight

post-6358-046009000 1348049444_thumb.jpg

[i like that one mate.. i tried to make it look better by giving it some colour after editing the picture and uping the enhancer and hue... overdid It.... im eating it now and its nice.. when i cleaned it it had a bleedin' half a whiting in its tummy.... maybe thats why it tastes so nice LOL!!!

[i like that one mate.. i tried to make it look better by giving it some colour after editing the picture and uping the enhancer and hue... overdid It.... im eating it now and its nice.. when i cleaned it it had a bleedin' half a whiting in its tummy.... maybe thats why it tastes so nice LOL!!!

If the whiting had a minnow in it you could have had a "Minflatting" the fishing version of a "Turducken" :074:

Nice flattie you got there especially since you caught it with a pillie you found on the ground thumbup.gif the flathead doesnt look to healthy though anyway nice catch

Went for a blackfish session at my usual spot in sydney harbour....only caught one lol!!

I came across a pillie on the rocks and placed it on a ganged hook setup.. no weight and threw off the beach..... ended up with this on the slow retrieve...pretty lucky day. it was pretty banged up.. one eyes was all grey and looked like a prop had hit her under the head....dinner tonight