Pair of Kingies

phatnat

Hi Raiders, Here is a pair of Kingies caught on the run out tide earlier today. The bigger one is 87 cm. I wish I had hooked them, but another fisher next to me using very fresh cuttlefish got them. I helped him by jumping down the ledge and netting the larger one. The big fella put up an terrific fight.

post-15089-044464500 1348134198_thumb.jpg

I thought you were a marine biologist and could tell by looking at the kings. Actually I think it was preconceived plan to get the location out of me, and it worked..

Don't fish landbased in the main harbour much mate... especially not LCR. Didn't actually know that there were kings in LCR either.. Looking at the photo properly now its not rocks but a path or something.. certainly no paths on the foreshore of north head

Edited by mack attack 79

Around the same location, and about this time last year I had a fairly large kingfish follow a 35cm blackfish right to my feet.

A couple of weeks ago fished the same location for blackfish while my dad was using bream gear and a small laser lure. He got smoked by a very large fish.

Also saw large boils around the area throughout the day as well.