Easy Rod Gimbal for those big fish in NZ or Aussie

arpie

Hi guys

Ever had a really tough fish pulling the rod into your tummy or groin area ...... causing extreme pain or distress?

Here is an easy gimbal to make using a simple Squash Ball! Trevor at the Sports Shop in Wharf St Forster sells used ones for $1.

post-2231-097303400 1348191669_thumb.jpg

Turn the squash ball over so the dots are underneath. I prefer to cut 'parallel' to the join mark on the ball - otherwise, it could split more if under pressure. Cut a SMALLER hole than you think you need - most rod ends WILL fit, with a bit of wiggling of the squash ball! If it is still too small, snip off TINY bits from the inside edge of the cut ball.

post-2231-022937800 1348191684_thumb.jpg

End result - excellent small gimbal!! I have put one on each of the rods I am taking to NZ, in case I get some monsters! biggrin2.gif I WISH!

post-2231-052541600 1348191700_thumb.jpg

I've used these on my beach rods for years (works well on timber bits) & found them to be very comfy.

Cheers

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

he, he, Thank you! I LOVE tinkering!! I come from a family history of 'tinkerers'!! You should see my brother Cam/Sails & his garage!!074.gif It puts mine to shame!

I prefer to fix a problem myself rather than going out & buying more stuff - unless it relates to fishing - then it is OK! 1prop.gif

cheers

Roberta