Nightime Livebaiting

AGP

Hi Guys,

New to this site and thought id share a nice flattie i got on Saturday.

At this spot while livebaiting for Jews I picked up this guy.. Thats the 4th one that size so must be a hotspot for the adult fish.

I have let everyone of them go as have no interest in killing a big breeder like that.

Cheers

post-21604-028902900 1348194293_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys,

New to this site and thought id share a nice flattie i got on Saturday.

At this spot while livebaiting for Jews I picked up this guy.. Thats the 4th one that size so must be a hotspot for the adult fish.

I have let everyone of them go as have no interest in killing a big breeder like that.

Cheers

post-21604-028902900 1348194293_thumb.jpg

:thumbup: nice fish. What bait?

top fish mate and well done,

did you get a length or weight of her mate? also not having a crack but you should try and support her from underneath if you can bud especially when they get big and more importantly heavy like her.

have you fished the area with lures on the bottom? you might be surprised with your spot and its something to do while waiting for mr jewfish to turn up.

nice fish mate.

Thanks,

It took a live yakka fished off the bottom. I just bought some lip grips so will take your advice and support the fish for a photo.

I am only just getting into plastics and Vibe's and am keen to try at this spot. It's only 30 feet in depth so might chuck some 4 inch Z-man minnows next time and reckon the Jew and flatties will have a go.

Do you reckon jew would still take a plastic when it's completely dark? Iv'e tried this spot many times in the day but it only turns on as the sun goes down. Even early morning is nothing compared to late arvo/night at this spot.

There is also no artificial light any where near here so once it gets dark it's pretty much pitch black.

Oh and didnt weigh or measure mate...Just wanted to get it back quickly. I got another there recently that my mate measured and it was 98cm.

Edited by AGP