Daiwa line lay issues!

MJR

G'day all, I'm having a problem ive owned a daiwa certate 3500 hd for a year and half now, I've had 20 lb braid on it since new with no dramas.

But last year caught some big long tail tuna on it, also hooked some unstoppables on this reel and got spooled, ive gone to respool it and it lays the line

More on the top half of the reel than the bottom half, so I'm wondering do I just need to add or remove a spacer/washer under the spool , if so where do I get these from?

And how do I go about replacement ?

Any help would be great thank you!

G'day all, I'm having a problem ive owned a daiwa certate 3500 hd for a year and half now, I've had 20 lb braid on it since new with no dramas.

But last year caught some big long tail tuna on it, also hooked some unstoppables on this reel and got spooled, ive gone to respool it and it lays the line

More on the top half of the reel than the bottom half, so I'm wondering do I just need to add or remove a spacer/washer under the spool , if so where do I get these from?

And how do I go about replacement ?

Any help would be great thank you!

They are usually in the box the reel comes in (if you have the box).

Cheers

Definitely washers it gets pretty annoying need to put the right amount of space. I took my bait runner to shimano and they did it for me. Good thing is other than baitrunner b's all my other shimanos have never had this problem even after 4-5 years of getting thrashed.

I recommend taking it into the office they will know exactly how many washer to put in.

When u get home reel the line onto an empty reel if u have one and just relay back onto your reel