Mentor required for Sydney area

adfrew

My Name is Alex, from the Inner West Sydney, But will travel to fish. I'm available Weekends, some weekday evenings/nights I have my own basic gear, but no boat.

I have some basic fishing knowledge from growing up the NT, but can't seem to translate it to Sydney/NSW. I am keen to practice targeting species a bit more, as I seem so just sort of get a line wet at the moment at best.

I am keen to do either boat or land based and most of all to make a few mates who are into fishing as well.

• 1 month later...

Hey Alex,

Been a while since your post but thought I'd put it out there.

I spend a fair amount of time around Burwood so do my fair share of land based fishing on the Parramatta River. Usual spot is Bayview Park in Concord (look up Canada Bay or Hen & Chicken Bay for reports/maps)--always wanted to try the Cooks but haven't made plans to explore yet as I don't drive.

I mainly flick plastics and HBs - I have two outfits so if you're unfamiliar with lures and want to give it a go, I got ya covered.

Also, note that I'm a noob compared to most so you'll get better lessons from someone more experienced, though I do manage at least a fish on most trips these days.

I usually go at least once a week (evenings/weekends/early mornings), and should be there tomorrow morning before work for the big tide (late starting time so I can hang til 11 or so :yahoo: ), otherwise I'll probably be walking around the area this Sunday from 10am.

Drop a me a line if you're still looking to wet one. H&C Bay shouldn't be hard to get to from the inner west and depending on how much gear you're carrying, is walking distance from Burwood station if public transport is your inclination.