Pt Kembla Break Wall

dazza1261

Took my Son fishing with me Yesterday, and went to Pt Kembla Break Wall. Not much happening, other than a 30cm Leather Jacket, that we returned. Then off to Womballa, Rock Fishing, and finally Stanwell Beach.

I have to agree with you All, there is Nothing happening at the moment, anywhere, unless one of you can tell me where. Would be appreciated

Took my Son fishing with me Yesterday, and went to Pt Kembla Break Wall. Not much happening, other than a 30cm Leather Jacket, that we returned. Then off to Womballa, Rock Fishing, and finally Stanwell Beach.

I have to agree with you All, there is Nothing happening at the moment, anywhere, unless one of you can tell me where. Would be appreciated

Did you see any lobster pots along the wall?

I was there on Monday (caught nothing too), and there were pots all along the wall, was a pain in the ass.

nope its very quiet at present.

Im packing it in until December/January now as my last trips to Stanwell and Bulli proved a waste

There are fish about. I went for a 30min snorkel yesterday afternoon, spooked a good flathead ~50cm and came across 3 good schools of bream just off north beach. Also went out on the boat just between the PK islands on Sunday to find big schools of fish busting up everywhere with a lot of bird action. Jumped in with the camera to find it was horse salmon hitting small 5mm white/clear baitfish. Although they were spooked easily. Wish I took the rod out instead of the camera, it would have been great fun on light gear.

With the usual spots not producing at the moment it might be worth looking at some of the more unusual spots. On calm days I look for areas that have a bit of whitewash remaining. These usually produce a bream, although they're pretty timid so you need to coax them into biting with fresh bait like cungie, fresh worms etc.

Water temperatures are still a bit cool at present, which will slow the summer species from feeding too much. Cooler water species such as tailor and salmon will still be hungry and biting at baits.

Guest Aussie007

there are fish at port kembla there just not on the bite u can see the fish on the fish finder around feb-april it will fire up with kings

Gents,

Hit Windang today for bugger all fish. Was on the water at 6:30am till 5 pm with only two bream all day. Not a flatty insite till 4:30pm which was undersize released to fight another day. Ive heard good reports about the place in the summer period but today was far from it. The Algae at the moment was frustrating and the wind didn't help either. Does anybody know when things may start to change?

Regards

Vic

Landbase is tuff at the moment. With nothing much biting except for salmon.

But they are chasing white baits I believe. And if your lucky they will run into you.

There are taylors at the break wall at night. But they are new spawns. So they are barely legal.

Probably best to wait till summer.

Hasn't been that bad.

Bass Point has been generating good size Blackfish and the Bream have been active at dawn and dusk but for some reason get spooked when the sun is at peak, must be my ugly mug they see :D

The Lake should fire up when the prawns start their run, usually Early/Mid November.

Hill 60 Squid are still around, taken on chopstick threaded yellowtail jigs. Home made squid jigs, dirty smelling putrid things but the squid seem to like em.

Port Kembla Breakwall (southern) Tip where the white painted rocks are gave me a few 40cm tailors on ganged pillies, undersized snappers, and what i swear was a 120cm Jew fish....well that's the story i like to tell since it took my yakka for a run and never returned. I'll get him when i get back from the states in November.

Can't wait for November/December when the Bonnies come to play...great fun on light gear.

Hasn't been that bad.

Bass Point has been generating good size Blackfish and the Bream have been active at dawn and dusk but for some reason get spooked when the sun is at peak, must be my ugly mug they see :D

The Lake should fire up when the prawns start their run, usually Early/Mid November.

Hill 60 Squid are still around, taken on chopstick threaded yellowtail jigs. Home made squid jigs, dirty smelling putrid things but the squid seem to like em.

Can't wait for November/December when the Bonnies come to play...great fun on light gear.

I certainly will second that!