Lowrance Elite 4 DSI GPS Combo or Garmin 431s GPS Combo

skirulz

Hi, my personal opinion is the screen size is too small for a combo and with the Lowrance you need to add a chart to get any mapping functions. It will work fine as a GPS, but a $125 card is needed to give mapping and then it works better than the Garmin, that I choose not to sell but have used and again the screen size on both is too small to work well as a combo. If I was looking at doing this I would upgrade to either the 5 inch screen or fit a stand alone Elite-4 DSI and Elite-4M that will give you both a fishfinder and mapping unit.

Some good prices going at present on different model electronics and it is forever changing at to who has the best.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Guys

How good is the base map eg enough to get you out from the boat ramp down a river and then back to the boat ramp?

For the Lowrance , basically , yes but that is all it will do & in time wish you had spent the extra $$$ for the 5 series which comes with the larger screen & the XL9 gold card.

The Elite 4 DSI combo + gold card is approx $150 less than the Elite 5. I suggest the 5 is better value for money.

Geoff

Thanks mate...

i was comparing the price between elite 4 and elite 5 and currently the price for the 4 dsi without the maps is $414 and the elite 5 with with the maps is $845

I guess i could buy the cheap maps they are selling for $125 at the moment

I know Garmin 431s has bluevision maps that you can just download for free from the internet which helps.. but i like how the dsi looks like..

so much options