Port Hacking

mako2000

Fished Port Hacking yeaterday around the gymea/ Grays point area for 3 nice 45-50cm flatties using live nippers and worms and a large blackfish on a worm as well. Was frustrating as we must have dropped another 6 with pulled hooks. I was using 2/0 hooks for the nippers, might step up a size or two and see if it makes a differance.

What step up from 2/0 on nippers man thats huge i use circles 1/0 max got most fish on them using nippers

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

I agree. That's a large hook for a nipper.

Circles work great. Don't strike until the rod loads so you don't pull the hook out of it's mouth. Leave the rod in the holder. The fish hook themselves.

Mako,

Have never used circle hooks myself, but I use a long shank hooks in size 2, the red coloured ones, when using nippers. Have landed flatties to 70cm on those hooks, plus bream, whiting, flounder, tailor, trevally, salmon, small kingies, etc.

Mako,

Have never used circle hooks myself, but I use a long shank hooks in size 2, the red coloured ones, when using nippers. Have landed flatties to 70cm on those hooks, plus bream, whiting, flounder, tailor, trevally, salmon, small kingies, etc.

I will have to check the size of the hooks Im using, I might be getting the size wrong...although ive never lost so many in a single session before...some after a few minutes fight