Narrabeen lake flatties

Howdoweplaythis

Decided i couldn't be bothered to go to uni today, with the weather being so nice. So i skipped a few lectures and rocked up at the caravan park at round 3.30pm. Flicked my blade around for a little while for zilch. The wind was picking up so i decided to head to Woolies bridge instead. Managed a flattie on a 2 inch gulp shrimp and then another 2 within the next 2 hours or so on a 3 inch minnow grub. Ranged from 38cm to 43cm and all destined for dinner. Picked up 2 undersized flounder as well on plastics and they went back in to grow some more. Packed up at around 6.30.

Chatted to a few guys who said the fishing was a bit slow in the lake at the moment, hopefully it starts to hot up soon.

Cheers

fz99oo.jpg

Good work mate!

I was out there on Monday (Caravan side) without a single bite using the same soft plastics as you did. Had more luck today at Yarra Bay catching 4 flatties though :)

Will be heading out to Narrabeen Lakes again on Friday or Saturday .. this time testing from a kayak. Hopefully more luck this time around :)

Cheers

Paul

The back of the lake is the go at the moment. Big flatties and some cracker bream and whiting (40cm+ bream and 45+ whiting). The deep creek flats are holding some good fish too!

Can you tell me where bouts to park and walk to get to the back of the Lake? Keen to try out some new spots

Can you tell me where bouts to park and walk to get to the back of the Lake? Keen to try out some new spots

Don't know if you can get to deep creek flats without a water craft but another option is parking at billarong reserve and wading around. Good bream, flathead and whiting. Great during summer.

i was out in the yack at deep creek yesterday arvo, Mullet jumping everywhere, for the flatties is it better in the am or pm .

I'd say pm for flatties. Run out tide late afternoon is prime... Bream and whiting at the top of the tide

Decided i couldn't be bothered to go to uni today, with the weather being so nice. So i skipped a few lectures and rocked up at the caravan park at round 3.30pm. Flicked my blade around for a little while for zilch. The wind was picking up so i decided to head to Woolies bridge instead. Managed a flattie on a 2 inch gulp shrimp and then another 2 within the next 2 hours or so on a 3 inch minnow grub. Ranged from 38cm to 43cm and all destined for dinner. Picked up 2 undersized flounder as well on plastics and they went back in to grow some more. Packed up at around 6.30.

Chatted to a few guys who said the fishing was a bit slow in the lake at the moment, hopefully it starts to hot up soon.

Cheers

fz99oo.jpg

At this time of the year is it better to fish closer to the sea or near the back of the river? I was thinking billarong reserve or the entrance. both with sp. What do you think?

Hey,

I'm going to go out fishing with a couple of mates tomorrow out at narrabeen lakes, mainly targeting larger bream. Where would you guys recommend to fish around?

For the bigger bream the back end of the lake is the go... The deep creek flats hold some 40+ fish but its not easy to get there without a yak or boat.. Billarong reserve has some good bream, flathead and whiting at the moment.

If you and your mates are keen on catching a feed then head down to the mouth, buy some live worms from the tackle store, and fish them in the channel. Some nice whiting biting, along with the usual bream, flathead and tailor.. The whiting are also hanging around the deep creek flats and pipeclay point. Little clear poppers are a great way to catch them!

The mullet up the back of the lake are great fun as well! Just fish light gear and a standard float rig with bread and you'll catch heaps! Especially if you fish deep creek... Caught over 30 last week there with the biggest 38cm but most were over 30cm.

Hope you get a few!

Cheers, Tom

Edited by mack attack 79

I was down at the lakes last Friday arvo,

Managed 4x 45cm+ Flatties, all caught on SP squidgy wriggler and Nuclear Chicken Shads,

I started at the Caravan park no luck, then popped over to a spot up stream from woolies,

just park your car at the carpark and walk up the path untill it finished then wet your line :D

Tight lines.