Mercury optimax service charges

Perrotst

G'day everyone,

I took my opti 115 for its first annual service today and was somewhat surprised for the price I was charged. Before I get further into this, I am very new to boating so you will need to excuse my ignorance.

So, total price was $574 for first annual service with the motor having done 53 hours. What I want to find out from any opti 115 owners is if this price is fair and competitive in the Sydney market. The breakdown as per my invoice was:

Annual service $395 labour

Parts $ 149.70 (impeller kit, 3 drain plug washer, 1 fuel filter and gear oil)

Shop parts $30

Having inspected from the outside, I saw that anodes were original, no new grease in all the grease points both motor and trailer

The shop will remain nameless but I ask if this is a fair price? I am not convinced that there was $574 worth of work done. I was also told that trailer wheel bearings were inspected and okay; this was not stated on the invoice. I suppose another thing that has frustrated me is the fact that when I was purchasing the boat the salesman told me firmly that the standard annual service would not cost me more than $350-$450.

I would love to hear feedback and advice. Also to avoid breaching site policy, please pm me for any referrals to good mercury service shops or if I can call to get further advice.

Again, please excuse my ignorance as I am new and want to get good advice from you.

Many thanks in advance,

Hooked on.

Sent from my iPad

Edited by HookedOn