Live Bait Rigging

chr42is

I just fish a barrel or ball sinker down to a swivel and then have a fluorocarbon trace off that to a circle.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That simple ?? How long for the trace? and thanks for the Quick answer

Chris

Yeah I find it the more simple the better.I use a ball sinker Depending on the water depth for how big, connected to a swivel and then usually 1 metre fluorocarbon, i don't use circle hooks, I fing live bait hooks more effective :thumbup:

Edited by Mr. Fish

Keeping it simple is the key. Providing your fishing the bottom (not kings under a float) then there are two i usually use. The first is just as previously said. A running sinker (i personally like a ball sinker but it doesnt matter a whole lot) to a strong swivel, then around a meter of flurocarbon. The length of the leader can be either shortened or lengthened depending on depth, current etc... The other is as simple as it gets. A running sinker straight to a hook. Worked so well up north so tried it down here and works really well too!

With the first rig, a lot of jew fisherman like to have the running sinker above the swivel, to be tied to the end of say 50cm of line. Then this length of line is tied to a sliding device (forget the name but they're red) and it slides up and down the line just like a regular running sinker, only it helps keep the livebait up off the bottom.

Try these as they work well for me!

And Octopus hooks are the go.... Circles are ok if you fish with a tight drag and don't strike.

Cheers, Tom

Edited by mulloway man

• 2 weeks later...