jewfish

sailfish123

These reports always give me a bit of a laugh.

If this fish was caught 2km down river and somewhere near the runway, everyone would be saying thats great. Can't wait to get it on the BBQ.

Does anyone seriously believe that the jewfish caught at Tempe has never been past the breakwall. Of course not.

These fish swim in and out of the river, through the bay and back into the river.

Every jewfish in Botany will spend some time in the Cooks River chasing bait fish.

So next time you catch one, it will either have been in the Cooks River sewer or the upper Georges River toxic sludge system. Some will even have been feeding in Penhryn Bay which is also closed to fishing.

Moral of the story. Any fish in the Botany system is fair game.Eat at your own Peril.

On a lighter note 13kg is a very nice fish.

Cheers

Hey sailfish nice fish 13kg is a good size for the cooks.

Iv bean fishing the cooks for years I wouldn't eat the fish. But that's a good thing about the cooks. Over the years the Jews are bouncing back hard. If evey one catches and realeased there. Wow that water way over the years will just get better and better. I can't wait for my son to start fishing I just hope there still there in good numbers

Catch ya later Luke

These reports always give me a bit of a laugh.

If this fish was caught 2km down river and somewhere near the runway, everyone would be saying thats great. Can't wait to get it on the BBQ.

Does anyone seriously believe that the jewfish caught at Tempe has never been past the breakwall. Of course not.

These fish swim in and out of the river, through the bay and back into the river.

Every jewfish in Botany will spend some time in the Cooks River chasing bait fish.

So next time you catch one, it will either have been in the Cooks River sewer or the upper Georges River toxic sludge system. Some will even have been feeding in Penhryn Bay which is also closed to fishing.

Moral of the story. Any fish in the Botany system is fair game.Eat at your own Peril.

On a lighter note 13kg is a very nice fish.

Cheers

I'm glad it makes you laugh.

It's not like a jew will move in to the Cooks & move out next tide.

Not when the bait is in the river. They will stay for a period of time.

Not every Jew caught in Botany has been in the river.

At certain times of year they come in from the offshore reefs to the bay entrance.

These fish are very silver. Nothing like a river fish.

Any more than a day in that cesspool & the flesh would be affected.

Maybe I'm a little more fussy about my seafood.

Back to the post. Any pics of that 13kg fish yet?

Cheers,

Grant.

Hmmmm ive caught but not eaten heaps of blackfish from that spot and they look in PERFECT health and they would more than likely stay there longer then a Jew so i wonder why their flesh wasnt affected.

Edited by GaryO

Hmmmm ive caught but not eaten heaps of blackfish from that spot and they look in PERFECT health and they would more than likely stay there longer then a Jew so i wonder why their flesh wasnt affected.

How would you know what they taste like if you didn't eat it! :074:

In PERFECT health. :1yikes:

Sorry for getting :offtopic:. Whether they are kept or released enough said.

It's up to the individual.

I would love to see the pics!

Cheers,

Grant.

Sounds like it will be as busy as Pitt St again.

Another good spot ruined. :thumbdown:

Good luck.

Cheers,

Grant.

Been this way for a long time now Grant, I remember about 6 or 7 years back reports of Jewfish in the Cooks were met with a dramatic increase of anglers for a period of time. The vast majority taper away though and its amazing how deserted a 'gun' spot is after only a short period of time.

It's an aspect of the wonderful instant social media world we live in, especially for metro spots.

Cheers

Windy

post-3511-050233600 1352333524_thumb.jpg

post-3511-050233600 1352333524_thumb.jpg

Good stuff Sailfish , thanks for the pic and i hope you enjoyed releasing them or eating them it as its YOUR choice. :) I most likely will not try your spot but its taught me a few things about where Jew may turn up.. Thanks for being a good raider :)

And Mr Jew hunter can you explain a few things as being a member here i am very confused ? When Sailfish posted a very honest post about his catch stating when and where the fish was caught,, he recieved nothing but greif from you in regard to its location and the health of the fish etc , and then you followed and made the comment "Sounds like it will be as busy as Pitt St again.Another good spot ruined". Why is our fellow raider being ostracized for providing truthful information to his members and doing exactly what this forum has been created for ? It appears to me and no doubt others that you may be trying to persuade people against fishing here for your own selfish motives as you are the Jew Hunter and he has found a spot on your turf !! If he caught a leather jacket at Parra Weir you wouldnt say Boo !! As a Moderator your posts on this thread as well as others should remain impartial and not dictate to members on what they contribute to the greater raider forum .

Edited by GaryO

Good stuff Sailfish , thanks for the pic and i hope you enjoyed releasing them or eating them it as its YOUR choice. :) I most likely will not try your spot but its taught me a few things about where Jew may turn up.. Thanks for being a good raider :)

And Mr Jew hunter can you explain a few things as being a member here i am very confused ? When Sailfish posted a very honest post about his catch stating when and where the fish was caught,, he recieved nothing but greif from you in regard to its location and the health of the fish etc , and then you followed and made the comment "Sounds like it will be as busy as Pitt St again.Another good spot ruined". Why is our fellow raider being ostracized for providing truthful information to his members and doing exactly what this forum has been created for ? It appears to me and no doubt others that you may be trying to persuade people against fishing here for your own selfish motives as you are the Jew Hunter and he has found a spot on your turf !! If he caught a leather jacket at Parra Weir you wouldnt say Boo !! As a Moderator your posts on this thread as well as others should remain impartial and not dictate to members on what they contribute to the greater raider forum .

thanks very much gary o my thoughts exactly but did not want to cause ripples

thanks again the fish was very clean it did get released jelousy is a curse

catch one to match then give grief